[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to learn the chinese language but I don't know which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1.png (1 KB, 227x151) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1 KB, 227x151
I want to learn the chinese language but I don't know which site to learn it from.
I googled "What are the languages use of China?" and it said Standard Mandarin. Wikipedia says there's dialects for it and I don't know if I have to learn it. Help me :)
>>
It doesn't really matter the dialect of its mandarin. If you're actually going to speak to people, I'm sure they will understand you. Nobody really speaks traditional that much anymore so you're fine with standard mandarin.
>>
Let's make some stuff clear:

Chinese is split into what's written and what's spoken.

The two ways to write are Simplified and Traditional. Mainland China will nearly always use Simplified.

There are a multitude of Chinese dialects but all of them will be written in the two aforementioned options. The two most well-known dialects are Mandarin and Cantonese. As far as I can tell from wiki's article on "Mandarin Chinese" and "Standard Chinese", Mandarin Chinese is just an umbrella term for all the different accents associated with Mandarin and Standard Chinese just refers to the official, "right" way to speak Mandarin. My bet is that whatever website that actually teaches Mandarin will already be teaching the "proper" way.

Mandarin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7PiYBfaZUI
Cantonese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tCmGLjBqfA

tldr: learn to write simplified chinese and learn to speak the type of mandarin chinese you hear from a beijing news reporter
>>
You should explain what you want to learn for. Do you want to visit? Do you have friends in your current country? Do you want to watch jap cartoons with chinese subtitles a few hours before english subtitles come out?

btw >>118565 has no idea what he's saying
>>
File: My_Chinese_Coach_Coverart.png (87 KB, 252x227) Image search: [Google]
My_Chinese_Coach_Coverart.png
87 KB, 252x227
>>118555
you can just google it up op.
>>
File: 1460177603142.png (946 KB, 1400x5552) Image search: [Google]
1460177603142.png
946 KB, 1400x5552
>>
>>118769
fucking retard
>>
>>118772
fucking scammer
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.