[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I've watched anime for a long time, but for whatever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1461734765147.jpg (46 KB, 438x720) Image search: [Google]
1461734765147.jpg
46 KB, 438x720
Hey guys I've watched anime for a long time, but for whatever reason I haven't read much manga. Can I get a few recommendations? I like seinen, ecchi, slice of life, horror, etc. I'll take whatever really, as long as it's good. I'll even accept well written doujins if you have some to recommend.

Thanks in advance.
>>
File: manga.png (3 MB, 1350x2698) Image search: [Google]
manga.png
3 MB, 1350x2698
>>115665
>>
>>115711
Thanks anon.
>>
>>115665
Some of my favorites.

20th Century Boys- After the death of their friend Donkey, a group of old childhood friends uncover a cult lead by a man called Friend who has some high ambitions.

Franken Fran- A cute corpse doctor tries to help her patients to the best of her abilities, but the strange people and things she runs into and her bizarre morality means things get grotesque and weird.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures- A very long running manga that's split into 8 parts. Each part focuses on a member of the Joestar bloodline and the people they punch in the face. Lots of creative fights and references to western rock bands are had.

The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service- A group of young adults with abilities that all relate to the dead form a group to help solve the desires of the dead.

Pluto- A murder mystery based on Astro Boy. You don't have to read Astro Boy to understand it because it's self contained and set in a alternate version of the Astro Boy universe..

Junji Ito- Read his work if you enjoy horror manga, as he's made some of the best.
>>
>>115711
Damn. As a second request does anyone know where to actually download manga? Looking on nyaa and kat and they don't have much of this stuff, and I'm not a fan of reading in the browser. Are there xdcc packlists for older manga? I'm kind of new to IRC downloading so I'm not sure.

>>115723
Thanks
>>
>>115665
I asked earlier some recommendations, here are my favorite ones. Hope you find something for your liking.

Kokou no Hito
Vagabond
Real
Holyland
Kozure Ookami
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Ichi the Killer - Alot gore.
Shigurui
Himizu
Homunculus
Saikyou Densetsu Kurosawa
Berserk
I Am a Hero
Rookies
Blade of the Immortal
Kiseijuu
Takemitsu Zamurai¨
Dorohedoro
Abandon the Old in Tokyo
>>
>>115723
>Junji Ito
That's some good shit man. Thanks again.
>>
>>115725
There's manga madokami which has a lot of stuff. The pastebin tells you how to join.
http://pastebin.com/rb17Rbsd
>>
Pretty much anything by Urusawa Naoki is good.
Pluto, Monster, Billy Bat, Master Keaton.
Those are all seinen.
Fuan no tane and fuan no tane + are two of my favorites in horror.
Oyasumi Punpun if you want to be depressed for a while after.
Inuyashiki is seinen...comedy...? pretty good.
>>
>>115711
This list is a bit too much to just pic something and start reading, but let me personally endorse Homunculus from that list.
Read that entire thing in a 5 hour binge.
Was awesome.
>>
http://myanimelist.net/manga/15805/Tasogare_Otome_x_Amnesia
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.