[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth watching the original Macross series if I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Is it worth watching the original Macross series if I've already seen Do You Remember Love, or is it just more of the exact same thing with worse animation?

Looking to explore more of the series and I'm not sure if I should start back at the beginning or just move onto the next show.
>>
It's slightly different, but you really fucked up watching DYRL first.
It's like SDF macross with all of the charm, character interaction, and story coherence stripped out in exchange for gunbuster tier animation and fights. A lot of things are taken out and character interactions are completely stripped, and even the love triangle is altered to being only a few lines.
I'd definitely suggest watching SDF as many of the events play across differently and it only covers an augmented episode 6-24 or so, and even then outcomes aren't really the same and you get no closer compared to the anime.
>>
>>115438
*closure
>>
>>115438
this

original sdf macross is good shit. highly recommend watching.
>>
>>115438
Seconding this
>>
>>115438
Alright then, I'll definitely give it a shot.

>but you really fucked up watching DYRL first.
Yeah, I figured this was probably the case.
I watched it a little while ago blind with a friend and wasn't really planning to invest time into the franchise at the time. Looking back that was probably a mistake.
>>
Not OP but should I just watch the entire franchise in release order?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.