[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wsr/ a family member came to me asking for help and my photoshop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 14
File: 001.jpg (56 KB, 755x260) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
56 KB, 755x260
/wsr/ a family member came to me asking for help and my photoshop skills were not sufficient.

Are any of you able to tell what is written here that has been marked out.

They believe it is a last name of their birth parents, would greatly appreciate any help.
>>
>>89677
no photoshop magic will let you see "under" black pixels
>>
>>89680
No but putting it through filters will allow you to see the different shades of black...

Such as, marking over something...

I tried messing with the contrast and washing out colors but I could only make it different not better.
>>
A[?]staff
>>
>>89691

Interesting.

Half of use thought the middle two letters were both d, but the printing isn't uniform, some of the staffs extend past the line and others dont.

Hadn't considered ending in ff and I honestly can't see it myself.

Thanks for the contribution tho.
>>
>>89682
the ink is blue, the marker was black
the black is covering the blue, the black pixels are the only ones that will be visible

the answer is not going to be with a photo
I would try taking multiple shots of the paper through different shades of colored plastic
>>
File: 55.jpg (93 KB, 755x260) Image search: [Google]
55.jpg
93 KB, 755x260
>>89677
the torn paper makes this really hard, showing it lit from behind on a lightbox and in better quality would help
>>
>>89713
I'll see what i can do.
>>
>>89713
What transform did you use to get it that way?
>>89717
Try getting a bright light, like a flashlight, and put it underneath the paper, then take a picture of it.
>>
File: 006.jpg (139 KB, 1345x496) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
139 KB, 1345x496
So, I don't have a lightbox or a scanner that I could use as one. I tried to use a couple different flash lights with a plain white piece of paper as a screen. I took a few more pics with light behind and light at a different angle.

Some of the qualities aren't great.
>>
File: 005.jpg (162 KB, 975x367) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
162 KB, 975x367
Also, their is text on the back of the original paper that bleeds through when light is shined on it unfortunately.
>>
File: 004.jpg (93 KB, 815x277) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
93 KB, 815x277
some more
>>
File: 003.jpg (75 KB, 783x284) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
75 KB, 783x284
this ones a little blurry
>>
File: 002.jpg (137 KB, 1186x418) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
137 KB, 1186x418
Last one.
>>
File: interesting.png (337 KB, 790x285) Image search: [Google]
interesting.png
337 KB, 790x285
hmmmm

I thought it was an A too, looks like an #
>>
File: 007.png (255 KB, 790x285) Image search: [Google]
007.png
255 KB, 790x285
>>89739

In the pink one it looks like an A or and H to me. But the last 4-5 letters looks like ddle or ille
>>
Do you think it might be written in cursive? Do you have any other samples of this handwriting we can look at?
>>
>>89764
Unfortunately not, everything on that little booklet is written in either hand or machine print.

I would post more of the booklet itself but its sensitive adoption stuff.

But all other hand writing on it is print, not cursive.

Appreciate all the help.
>>
File: dunno.png (730 KB, 1186x418) Image search: [Google]
dunno.png
730 KB, 1186x418
>>89743
it's still hard to tell

the only other thing I would suggest is some colored sheets for better contrast and scanner for better quality

or rig up a light box, put another piece of paper on top, and trace what you can see
>>
>>89677
does the back of the paper show any usefull indents?
>>
From what I can read it looks like: A/n ? ? ? l(maybe this or if the last letter isn't a k then a h) k

What race is your friends? Which country is your friend from? If you know these types of question you can look at names traditionally used by people of those locality and this could help to piece together the name from a few letters. Sometimes it's easier to look at the full word and compare it to it's broken letters.

Do you have the person's first and/or middle?
>>
>>89784
Also this>>89783

Forgot to mention it while typing all this.
>>
File: please.jpg (192 KB, 975x367) Image search: [Google]
please.jpg
192 KB, 975x367
>>89677
been trying for so long, any new information would be great op. pics/first names/signatures?/examples of writing from ofther part of document. black out anything sensitive
>>
File: blackbg.jpg (115 KB, 975x367) Image search: [Google]
blackbg.jpg
115 KB, 975x367
>>89808
>>
>>89808
I'm trying to process it with Fiji/ImageJ right now, but I'll probably be going to bed soon. Let me see what I can do.
>>
File: wrt_lab_b.png (194 KB, 975x367) Image search: [Google]
wrt_lab_b.png
194 KB, 975x367
>>89732
I think I got something here.

I converted the image to the LAB color space, then separated out the b* channel. It's actually easier to read when it's smaller, like 33%. Looks like "n[?]ddle".

Does this ring a bell to you?
>>
middle maddle?
>>
neadile
>>
>>89832
Does not, and again sorry for not being able to provide more information.

I will say however the section you are looking at is a portion where you enter a last name only.
>>
>>90010
Honestly looks like "Muddle" to me. Or at least "M(?)ddle".
>>
>>90012
Leaning that way too.
>>
>>90010
>I will say however the section you are looking at is a portion where you enter a last name only.
It's "Riddle", and you are Lord Voldemort.
>>
First letter could be a B?
>>
>>90069
I just noticed that too. It looks like a cursive B.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 790x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 790x285
Here's what I got, I'm not sure if anyone can get any thing out of it, but I think some of the letters look more prominent.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.