[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1440427881714-1.jpg (110 KB, 960x911) Image search: [Google]
1440427881714-1.jpg
110 KB, 960x911
I just purchased a fresh copy of Windows for my new build.

I assume I'll need to run Windows update. Can someone point out which updates I do not to install? (telemetry, w10 bloat, etc).

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Premium-System-Builder-Packaging/dp/B00H09BB16
>>
>>89442
You're not a system builder.

You just spent all that money, and ended up with pirated windows anyway.
>>
>>89462
explain
>>
From what I've read. installing OEM copies is against Microsoft's TOS, but individuals can still do it and get a licensed copy.

It's not pirated Windows either. There are 3000 reviews, everybody successfully activated it.
>>
>>89523
Other way round. If you put it on a computer and sell the computer to someone, everything is rosy, because you're an OEM.

If you put it on a computer and keep it, you're not an OEM and you're pirating Windows.

>>89523
>There are 3000 reviews, everybody successfully activated it.
My machine successfully activates too; guess patching a Dell SLIC table into the BIOS and then copying Dell's SLP keys and certificate isn't pirating either.
>>
>>89533
>Other way round. If you put it on a computer and sell the computer to someone, everything is rosy, because you're an OEM.
>If you put it on a computer and keep it, you're not an OEM and you're pirating Windows.
And how can Microsoft tell the difference? Their TOS only explain they egard the latter as not genuine, but it still activates as a legitimate copy via their servers.
>>
Anyway, right or not, you scared me into cancelling the order. I didn't lose any money because it never shipped.
>>
Telemetry and shit is built into Windows. If you want privacy then I don't know why you're going with Microsoft.
>>
I think I'll go the Windows 7 Daz Loader -> Authentic Windows 10 route.
>>
or buy this one instead?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832588528
>>
>>89535
Again, they regard my blatantly-pirated version as not-genuine, yet it "activates as a legitimate copy via their servers".
>>
>>89580
That's a Windows 10 Retail, so (unlike OEM) it can be transferred as many times as you like. You can change your motherboard and keep using it, for however long you feel like using Windows 10.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.