[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Little bit of a repost from a short while back- I absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Little bit of a repost from a short while back- I absolutely loved Seirei no Moribito and Twelve Kingdoms (although the latter did take a fair amount of time to finally get me invested), but I've been having some trouble trying to find similar shows.

Really, what I'm most interested in is the character development and growth over time that both shows had, not exactly the fantasy elements or settings. The characters felt real and grounded, the villains had reasonable motivations, and it all built towards something tangible in the end.

Does anybody know of some anime that have similar elements?
>>
Steins;Gate
>>
So are you looking for a drama/adventure that has a story that spans years with very "human" characters? If you don't mind space opera then Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a good bet. Like Seirei no Moribito it's based on a novel series (actual novels, not light novels).

Finding series of this scope is pretty difficult though.
>>
>>86661
It's not even the scope that I'm after so much, more just that there's a journey where characters demonstrably grow and change over the series, build friendships/relationships, that kind of thing.

>>86627
Already read/watched it, I'd say it sort of falls under what I'm looking for as well even for what flaws it did have.
>>
Kemono no Souja Erin from the same author as Seirei no Moribito.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.