[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Virus on my computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 320x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 320x234
So my brother recently found out how to view running processes on my computer remotely and I need to figure out how to prevent him from doing such. I can find out the program he's using but any suggestions help. I think windows management instrumentation (WMI) has something to do with it so would disabling that help/be safe??
>>
post screencap of all your running processes. I'll help you point it out.
>>
>>86354
you could try disabling remote connections

if it says "remote desktop" or "remote access", disable it

do not kill WMI
>>
Why can't I kill WMI?
>>
>>86461
you can....you can also try to delete system32

just because you can do something doesn't mean you should; I'm quite sure that's not what's enabling someone to remotely access your system
>>
>>86461
Because since Windows 2000, WMI has been responsible for making Windows work.

Windows wants to change something on Windows, it invokes WMI to do it.

I guarantee you, if you delete WMI, Windows will still boot, but *everything will be broken*.

Assuming you've not had your Windows pwnt, you need to change all your passwords.
>>
Makes sense, now I feel like a dumbass. My plan is to switch my windows account completely and continue to snuff out any programs running in the background and check any outgoing connections
>>
>>86584
If it's your computer, remove any accounts that aren't yours. You can't invoke RPC on any random Windows machine; you have to have a valid account.

If anyone is accessing your machine, they're doing so with an account your machine recognises as valid.

If it's not your machine, stop fucking with it.
>>
It's mine, I think he has my account username and password and maybe that's how he's getting remote access. So would changing the account help?
>>
I found the damn thing, it was business spyware called activetrak. It was a bitch to uninstall but I'm hopefully in the clear
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.