[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /wsr/, I come to you in need of help regarding Google Chrome.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: th.jpg (5 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
5 KB, 300x300
Hey /wsr/, I come to you in need of help regarding Google Chrome. As soon as I try to access the settings menu, Chrome stops responding and crashes. Reinstalling, deleting all Google-related files both in AppData and Program Files, rebooting the computer several times, none of it seems to help at all. Additionally, while trying to solve this issue I've run into quite a few bluescreens, maybe every 15-20 minutes or so, which is really worrying. I'm not sure if it's actually related to virus scanning or not, but I haven't been able to finish a full system scan (I use Avast Free) without bluescreening.

I'm half expecting a "That means nothing if you don't post these and these logs, dummy" response, but I wouldn't know which ones are relevant or how to get them to be honest, I'm not all that savvy. If you need any of them, just ask.
>>
what operating system are you using? what addons/plugins do you have for chrome?

>I've run into quite a few bluescreens
does this only happen when you're fooling around with chrome or is it an on-going problem?
>>
>>86234
I'm using Windows 7 and I'm pretty sure I've gotten rid of all of the addons and plugins at this point.

The bluescreens used to be a regular problem (like every three days or so) a few months ago, but they disappeared. They started about two hours ago together with these chrome issues. Also, since I started this thread I've managed to finish a quick virus scan which was clean, and I'm 85% into a full system scan, 0 infected files so far and no bluescreen yet. I guess that's good, but I'm still pretty clueless as to what the heck is going on.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.