[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am looking for some WW2-ish anime where the story focuses mainly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4
File: 1280x720-DAy.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-DAy.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
I am looking for some WW2-ish anime where the story focuses mainly on a soldier or someone made to fight, you know, with lots of fighting and action.
Scenes like pic related would be nice.
Doesn't need to be from the german side, or even include germans.
Apart from Zipang, First Squad and Girls und Panzer, are there any others worth watching?
>>
File: 1425167542902.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1425167542902.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>85140
believe it or not, those are very rare. Partly because of the obvious reasons on Japan's behalf.

That being said, you watched the Jin Roh - Wolf Squad yet? It's kinda post-WW2 and alt.timelines, and not fully action oriented, but still quite classic piece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmmoBsMw5w0

There's also that new anime coming out, called Joker Game, which is set just before WW2, and is about Japanese spies infiltrating western countries, and ultimately trying to hold their cover when shit hits the fan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm9MVyCTyUU
>>
>>85140
one of the parts of jojos bizarre adventure takes place at the beginning of world war 2. its not historically accurate or anything but german soldiers are pretty important in the show
>>
File: 1215201704040.jpg (113 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1215201704040.jpg
113 KB, 1024x768
>>85140
well, there's always the Strike Witches.
AKA "What if some of the most famous WW2 pilot aces were little magical girls, flying with propel-engines strapped on their legs, carrying LMGs, fighting alien invaders, without pants?"

Yeah, it's totally silly, and inspired this "girls + weaponry" fad that's been going on in the recent years. Even though the idea's crazy as fuck, it has surprising amount of historical accuracy when it comes to weapons and gear seen in the series. You also got people from all the major countries that participated in the real WW2: USA, Britain, Germany, Russia, Finland, Japan... well, their alternative reality versions, that is.
>>
>>85164
man, and i hoped that their fascination for german warmachines (and the yamato) would be reason enough for them to produce more of that, thanks for the suggestion though, looks like something i might like
>>85174 gonna look into this as well, does seem interesting and historical accuracy is not that important, as long as it's still kind of relatable
>>
>>85183
as for that, I completely forgot about that, but I have already seen it, was quite funny though, so anything else going in that direction is fine too (preferably with less fanservice, but w/e)
>>
File: SEKAI ICHI !!!.gif (3 MB, 346x194) Image search: [Google]
SEKAI ICHI !!!.gif
3 MB, 346x194
>>85184
Yeah, Jojo's part 2 is set to mid-30s, and has a legit Aryan masterrace nazi character and Wehrmacht troops causing some havoc. The series starts from late 1800s, and moves forward more & more modern times with each part. The original manga series is a real classic that started already in 80s and is still going on. It's totally crazy, testosterone and silliness filled shonen action, that's inspired tons of internet memes and other series later on. It's so over the top and far from serious, that it's hard to not like it.
The recent (2014-15) anime adaptation cover the first three parts, with part 4 starting this spring.

If you like that style, there's also the Hellsing Ultimate OVA series, which has nazi vampires eating babies and murdering everyone in London.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.