[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disk Errors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Computer has been giving me greif for almost a week now. Here's a summary of the issues;
-Every startup and 20-40 minutes or so, the disk usage shoots up to 100% and stays that way for 10-20 minutes, until returning. This happens even when the computer isn't being used. Through use of resource manager, it appears that there is no service using the entirety of disk bandwidth, but rather that no services are using any. Have disabled all non-windows services, including superfetch, to no avail.
-On attempt to update through windows, a "0%, 0kb downloaded" message hangs regardless of time updating, making an update impossible. Error code 8073712.
-Through attempting the use the update troubleshooter, it fails.
-Running DISM.exe succeeded in scanning the system, but gave an error when attempting to fix the issue, code 0x800f0906, no changes were made.
-Refreshing windows failed, no changes made.
-Disk defrag does nothing.
-Antivirus turned up a clean search.
-System Mechanic made no difference.
-Attempting to backup files to an external disk unsuccessful, disk will hang and cancel file transfer.
I need this computer and the data on it for work, please help.
>>
When disk usage jumps what does resource monitor say?
>>
>>84441
Resource Monitor shows the disk usage immediately go to full, and almost all the services are dropped, with only a few windows services remaining at ~1,000 Kb/s.
>>
>>84447
maybe turn off scheduled defragmentation, if it's on?
>>
Ran Seagate's tools and found the disk to have failing sector, thank's for the help though.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.