[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
after not being able to fix my win7, I decided to open a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (235 KB, 508x505) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
235 KB, 508x505
after not being able to fix my win7, I decided to open a new harddrive with win10 on it
I downloaded this acronis software since both hds are wd but it doesn't register the older hard drive now
and now I cant clone it to bring my win7 data over

how do I fix acronis or is there a better software for me to use
>>
>open a new hard drive

explain?
>>
>>82995
spare 3tb on my desk
I counldnt fix whatever was bootlooping the old one now I put win10 on this
trying to clone my stuff back
>>
>>82996

I see. Well, You don't clone your stuff back. You don't know what you're cloning. Might be damaged goods which is why you should have went bootable iso before all that. Not to be critical though. Get a bootable OS (Ubuntu, falconfour os, Hiren with bootable windows os) and see if you can read from the other drive to copy. You should be able to see it DEPENDING on what you mean by...

>not being able to fix my win7

If it was totally fucked then there goes any chance of recovery.
>>
>>82993
you can't "clone" data from Win7 over to Win10

you might have been able to upgrade the same drive directly to 10, but I can't be 100% sure

otherwise you should have installed 10 on the new drive and manually copied what you wanted to save

during boot, go to bios or the boot selection page to see if the computer sees the drive or not...if it does, then it should still be able to be saved...if not, it's probably dead

download a win7 repair disk or an install disk for the same version, and boot to the repair option....let the autofix try and repair any errors
>>
>>83002 >>83004
before I loaded 10 on to this new drive, I can see both drives so I should be able to recover

>>83004
ive tried to load a repair disk onto the drive and couldn't get it to work
the install disk was too big for my flash drive
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.