[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CPU Fan clips help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Photo 20-03-16 8 00 55 pm.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
Photo 20-03-16 8 00 55 pm.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
My heatsink fan started to die so I bought a new one. But now I'm trying to detach the old fan from the clips and they're using a weird screw that I can't screwdriver out?

Fan came with my heatsink, a Cooler Master 212 EVO. Please help I want to play videogames.
>>
Post pic only of opposite side so I can see this mysterious (stripped?) screw.

I have a Hyper 212 so am assuming I can help.
>>
File: Photo 20-03-16 8 28 47 pm.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
Photo 20-03-16 8 28 47 pm.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>82992
Like this? Opposite side of the OP image.
>>
Just like that, but seems like the problem is that tiny rubber or whatever band that is covering the screw that actually attaches the clip to the fan. remove that (rubber?) thing and you should see a screw.
>>
>>82987
that doesn't look like a screw, looks like maybe a rivet

if it is, it can be drilled out through the center
>>
>>83006
Shit. Alright thanks.
>>
>>83007
if it is some kind of screw, I'd try to file either side of the head, then twist it with vicegrips
>>
>>83009

If it is a screw he fucked up by ordering the most retarded Hyper 212 in existence (I didn't even know this was possible?). I got mine and it came with one fan. The fan sucked donkey balls so I put a different fan on it and all I had to do was put the clip attachment on another fan. This thread seems like bait to me, if it isn't I am truly sorry OP, you must have got some shit rare model of Hyper 212.
>>
>>83017
I wish this was bait but if it was I would have a working computer and I don't. I guess Cooler Master decided to give me the dicking. I'll contact them.
>>
>>83023

take off the rubber gromit, show the completely flat end to /g/ so they can stop shilling this cooler.
>>
>>83017
Also question did you unscrew the clips or did they come off some magical way? Maybe I'm just a retard.

>>83025
I might if I have to get new clips.
>>
>>83027

I unscrewed them, the clips SHOULD look like this unless they're glued/genetically enhanced to be combined with some other pc part.
>>
>>83028
They do look like that. But they're also forever attached to my broken fan. The screws definitely seem like rivets now so I'm gonna take it to a computer store tomorrow and hope to god that they can do something.
>>
>>83031
they'd probably try to sell you something...

I still say drill through the head, you don't need a very large bit...as soon as it gets deep enough the top of the rivet should separate

the "circle area" on the opposing side of the fan is hollow through, right?
>>
>>83032
Yep. Circle then rivet on all four corners.
>>
>>83036
so stick the bit through the hole, try to hold it steady and straight, start slowly drilling

I would probably try with a 1/8" bit to start, if it doesn't get it to break, go a step up till the rivet snaps
>>
File: 1458250017989.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1458250017989.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>83042
I don't have any drills right now but it's a start. Here's hoping. Thanks man.
>>
>>83051

literally hammer the end of a knife into it and twist
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.