[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you give the OK /wsr/? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6KP9hM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1450060514381s.jpg (4 KB, 125x121) Image search: [Google]
1450060514381s.jpg
4 KB, 125x121
Can you give the OK /wsr/?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6KP9hM
>>
Looks good all around. I always advise getting and SSD (I'm assuming you already have an HDD).
>>
>>82949
That was the plan until I realized I could do exactly what you said.

And I can also get one later.
>>
>>82951

pretty much, also get a kit of 2x memory sticks instead of one. If you need to get it 1600 instead of 1866 (that's my advice), the consensus is that increasing ram speed doesn't make much difference since it really isn't a botteneck anyways. Running 2 sticks let's you run dual-channel which is better (I'm not sure exactly how much faster). You will still have two memory slots left for just in case you want to upgrade.
>>
>>82954
Are you saying I should get two sticks of 1866Mhz RAM?
>>
>>82956

No. Instead of the single stick. on pcpartpicker they should have selections of 8 GB but split into 4 GB sticks. So you'll have two sticks of 4 GB each equalling to 8 GB total. These sticks being the same when bought will let you run them dual channel on your motherboard.
>>
>>82956
Oh you meant 1600 because its cheaper and basically the sane.
>>
>>82958

yeah, from what I know the only people who need REALLY fast memory are people who do serious video editing.
>>
>>82959
Thanks, I'll get this then

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f312800cl9d8gbsr
>>
>>82959
oh, and will this automatically run dual channel? Or is that something I need to configure?
>>
>>82961

Looks good. That ram is a bit stylish and has that heatsink on it. It might intefere with the Hyper 212 (that's a big CPU fan). Some motherboards have the ram placement very close to the CPU but I would get ram without that fancy stuff on it.

>>82963

Your motherboard should (get a picture of it before you order) that has each alternating ram slot with different colors. when running dual channel you put the ram sticks in each other slot.
>>
File: likethat.png (974 KB, 881x991) Image search: [Google]
likethat.png
974 KB, 881x991
>>82964
So, like that. (Pink lines represent RAM)

And thanks again, saved a little money on RAM

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/kingston-memory-kvr16n11s8k28
>>
>>82969

Man, alright well I would suggest this ram. Reason being Kingston in my opinion and coincidentally get laughed at by some folks on /g/. You can get this ram if you want but you don't exactly want to go with budget junk ram either. That ram might very well be fine but in my opinion this is a decent non-expensive one to go with

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-memory-bls2kit4g3d1609ds1s00

I went with Crucial because I am budget conscious and have 16 GB. 2 x 8 GB sticks. So far has worked perfectly fine. With your board I think it's blue and black. The picture on pcpartpicker shows it. You can actually get the first set of ram if you really want because you can set the ram on 2nd and 4th slots further away from the CPU.
>>
>>82976
why can't I set the Crucial RAM on the 2 and 4 slots?
>>
>>82979

You can set Crucial on the same slots as any other ram even the original ones you selected.

I was saying that if you wanted to get your original ram sticks because they look cooler or whatever it would be fine because you can set them on the 2nd and 4th slots which are farther from the CPU. This solves the issue I originally told you about with the heatsink on the ram you originally selected.

I'm just advising because in some odd situations ram sticks (because of design) won't seat properly because of some CPU coolers (because of design). I know that I have a Hyper 212 like you're going to get and Crucial ram. I also have an ATX motherboard though. If I'm not mistaken you're going to get a micro-atx motherboard so not sure if the slots on it will be squeezed in closer together. PCpartpicker is supposed to figure out if there is any incompatibilities but just advise to be on the safe side. If I'm getting into the tl;dr area just let me know.
>>
Stop fooling for idiotic /g/ memes and get the skylake.
>>
>>82994
yeah but much budget

The hell do I even need an i7 for? Literally all I want is a hoi4 machine
>>
>>83013
Your build is massively overkill for HOI4.
>>
>>83016
spending a little more goes a long way anon. But there's nothing I could conceivably do with an i7 over an i5
>>
>>83020

I think he means you should spend less, just guessing though.
>>
>>83016
Thinking about it again, I could afford an ssd if I cut down the GPU. Would also save power.

Not sure what GPU to get.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.