[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uk anons help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 1024x576
Just got stopped by the police and stupidly gave them my name and address. What should I expect? Letters sent to my house? I'm fucked if my parents find out.
>>
>>82789
What did you do?
>>
>I'm fucked if my parents find out.
You have to be over the age of 18 to post here. Also there's an advice board.
>>
File: SRHyPjyon7Ar[1].jpg (96 KB, 533x371) Image search: [Google]
SRHyPjyon7Ar[1].jpg
96 KB, 533x371
>>82789
>stupidly gave them my name and address.
>stupidly

If you were doing something they could choose to arrest you for, and you didn't give your name you'd have been arrested.

If you weren't, then you've got nothing to worry about anyway.
>>
>>82792
Just a few drinks for mates birthday. We were in a field that we usually hang out at
>>
>>82793
Im 19 next week..
>>
>>82797
If you didn't do anything fucking retarded then you'll be fine mate
Nothing stupid about giving the police your address.
>>
>>82797
>drinking and driving
>>
American here. How the fuck do you have an option NOT to give this information in the UK? Do you even use plates? ID?
>>
>>82830
He means "stopped on the street".

If you're driving, you do need to show them your driving license, insurance and MOT within a week of the stop, which amounts to the same thing.

But in general, unless you're being cautioned or arrested, you don't have to give the police your name or address.
>>
>>82838

Oh, I understand now. So but by law do you HAVE to have some sort of identification? I'm pretty sure in the U.S. you legally are responsible for carrying id. I'm pretty some people tell the cops to fuck off but I'm guessing if the cops wanted they could arrest someone. It's just about whether you want to risk actually going to jail for not having your id but I would think cops have better shit to do most the time than to go through all that.
>>
>>82845
Nope, because we don't live in a police state like you guys.

Last government that proposed ID cards got voted out by a landslide.

>In the British model of policing, officers exercise their powers to police with the implicit consent of the public. "Policing by consent" is the phrase used to describe this. It expresses that the legitimacy of policing in the eyes of the public is based upon a general consensus of support that follows from transparency about their powers, their integrity in exercising those powers and their accountability for doing so.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_enforcement_in_the_United_Kingdom
>>
>>82845
http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2014/02/do-you-have-to-carry-id-with-you-at-all-times.html
>Despite the questionable legal status of Arizona's immigration laws, there is no place in the nation where simply being in public without ID is illegal.
>However, there are several states in which it is an arrestable offense if you refuse to identify yourself to police. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that these kinds of laws can be legal, as long as the officers had reasonable suspicion to detain you in the first place.
>In states with these laws, like Arizona and Nevada, you may be required to give police your full legal name. But you don't have to answer any other questions, and you shouldn't need any form of identification.

Know your rights, bro.

>>82851
>Nope, because we don't live in a police state like you guys.
lel
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.