[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone here help me with GIMP? If I have a PNG with a transparent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 1458418946669.png (1 MB, 800x1422) Image search: [Google]
1458418946669.png
1 MB, 800x1422
Can anyone here help me with GIMP? If I have a PNG with a transparent background like pic related.
>>
...and I want to put a GIF onto it. How would I get the GIF to just appear in the transparent area?

I know how to stretch it to make it larger, but it overlaps my PNG.
>>
Select the PNG
Layer > Transparency > Alpha to selection
Selection > Invert
Select the GIF
Edit > Delete
>>
>>82774
The GIF is 251 different frames in my layers menu. Sorry for being a complete noob, but is there a quick way to select all that?
>>
File: elias.gif (4 MB, 264x469) Image search: [Google]
elias.gif
4 MB, 264x469
>>82774
Thanks btw, this worked perfectly.

Though I had to repeat the step 251 times for every frame (had a sore hand by the end, and I figure there's an easier way to do it/ select them all at once), and the image was far too large for 4chan (nearly 50mb, had to resize down to this to get to 4mb).
>>
File: 1458430766482.gif (28 KB, 150x197) Image search: [Google]
1458430766482.gif
28 KB, 150x197
>>82835
>I had to repeat the step 251 times
I admire your dedication. Maybe a video compositing program would a better choice rather than Gimp.
>>
>>82841
Well it was just hitting down and delete 250 times. I'm just surprised there's no way to select them all and do the operation for them all at the same time. Weirdly enough the scaling tool affects all chained frames, but deleting only seems to affect the current selection.
>>
>>82835
Dude. Look into Gimp scripts before you do this next time.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.