[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech support please? I just built a new rig with an Asus z97-a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_20160319_100902.jpg (2 MB, 2988x3735) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160319_100902.jpg
2 MB, 2988x3735
Tech support please?
I just built a new rig with an Asus z97-a mobo, msi 4gb gtx 960, and i7-4790k. Everything worked perfectly until i tried to install windows 10. During the install, it got stuck at 33% on the second option and the screen froze. I couldn't move the mouse. So i turned off the pc, and now it wont output video despite revving up and all that. PLEASE help
>>
You plug video cable into mobo output?
>>
>>82518
Yep, tried with mobo video out and gpu video out. Using HDMI btw
>>
remove the video card?
>>
Tried that, didn't work.
>>
>>82533

took out and put in the cmos battery?
>>
>>82535
What is that?
>>
>>82541

On your motherboard there is a flat round silver battery. take it out for a couple seconds and put it back in reset bios.
>>
>>82542
Thanks a ton. Will try when i get home. Could u possibly post a pic of what that looks like?
>>
File: 625-cmos-batt1-s-.png (206 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
625-cmos-batt1-s-.png
206 KB, 400x300
>>82547
>>
File: remove-battery.jpg (118 KB, 658x403) Image search: [Google]
remove-battery.jpg
118 KB, 658x403
>>82547

this too
>>
>>82550
Oh, i know that thing. Thanks!
>>
File: cmos.jpg (136 KB, 1024x592) Image search: [Google]
cmos.jpg
136 KB, 1024x592
You don't have to physically remove the battery like these anons are saying, just use the CMOS clear feature. There should be a red button on your mobo that says something like "CMOS CLEAR" under it. Just press that button.
If there's no button, locate something that looks like pic related
Simply remove it off of pin 1 and 2 then place it onto 2 and 3. Wait a few seconds then put it back onto pins 1 and 2
>>
>>82788
Not only that, but the CMOS clear jumper is there because removing the battery hasn't done shit since PCs started storing stuff in flash memory.

Back in 1995.

All the battery does now is run the clock.
>>
>>82517
What's the 'second option'?
From what device are you installing Win10?
>>
File: 20160319_205501.jpg (6 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160319_205501.jpg
6 MB, 5312x2988
>>82848
I was installing from a 4gb batman usb flash drive. Its pic related. Prob not the best install drive lol. The "second option" was the second step of the install, i should've worded that better. It was like "copying windows files" or something like that. The point is that there were like 5 or 6 steps and on the 2nd one it stopped at 33%
>>
>>82852

Most likely you actually have a bad Windows 10 install going on. I mean like some shit happened where putting the ISO onto the USB went bad like corrupted, or even if you used the Media creation tool it just goofed it up. I would try a different usb if you have one along with a new instance of putting the Windows 10 install on there or repeat putting the Windows 10 installation on the USB drive you have now. Also, if you have a burner I would burn the ISO and verify the iso is accurate and install from that.
>>
>>82853
Iso was from the microsoft site, using the easy installer program. Fixed the lack of video out by doing the CMOS reset, thanks Anons! Any ideas on other things i should know before continuing?
>>
>>82856

create two partitions. One for windows and another for AT LEAST enough to make a backup. like 20 GB or so if you can spare. Then FIRST thing after you install and get it up to date is make a backup image. Get into the habit of that so you can easily do a 5 click image restore instead of an hour+ and 30 click re-installation.
>>
>>82858
Sorry if this is too much trouble to explain, but can you please explain how to do it and why i should? I dont rly know what that is lol
>>
>>82802
Funny thing is, i did the removal thing and it worked. I couldn't find the switch. Dont think my board actually has one
>>
>>82862

I think this is a Windows 7 setup (pic related) but It might look the exact same with a Win 10 installation. When you hit that screen click Drive options just like in pictures. A couple new blue clickable options will appear in that window towards the bottom.
>>
File: partition_14.png (91 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
partition_14.png
91 KB, 600x451
Then click new partition and choose the size of it. This will be the first partition. Whatever size you make it make sure the resulting unallocated space is like 20 GB or so so that you can use it as the second space to create your backup partition.
>>
>>82865
Thanks homie!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.