[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my first car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: my 1st car.jpg (531 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
my 1st car.jpg
531 KB, 1200x1200
Hi an/o/ns,

im looking for my first car; however, there are a few specific criteria that it must have...

1. AWD
2. UNDER 5K
3. Type of car that wont stop you in the middle of the street.
4. Classy look [no subarus...]
5. i live in the montreal area.
6. can be on the avg. when it comes to fuel economy... doesn't have to be very fuel efficient
7. Safety is my 1st and biggest priority; hence, the image.

any suggestions ?
>>
Well, we got my wife a 3'500 jeep liberty 2003. It works pretty good but has neededb to have issues fixed. You could probably go for one of those. Only it feels very freakin light. Feels like it has a weak body and doesnt feel too sturdy when goimg fast on the highway like the wind blows it and shit. Aside from that I suppose it might suit you.
>>
File: putin_lada.jpg (66 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
putin_lada.jpg
66 KB, 675x450
>>80940
my neighbors had one, when they first came out, be careful when making strong turns, because it almost flipped with them.

also forgot to mention id rather have a sedan than a jeep...

though if i could buy a jeep i would really buy a lada niva. those things are the ak-47s of jeeps
>>
>>80936
I used these to be useful when I was searching:
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/powerSearch.jsp
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues
Even though it's meant for the U.S. market, I doubt things would differ that much to Canada's
>>
>>80948
thx anon will check out.
>>
File: 2003AudiA4.jpg (501 KB, 1920x1031) Image search: [Google]
2003AudiA4.jpg
501 KB, 1920x1031
>>80936
I think I have the perfect car to suggest...meets pretty much all of your checkboxes.

I drive a 2003 Audi A4 Quattro (that's it in the pic) and think it would be perfect for you.
It's true AWD and with the 1.8 Turbo has plenty of power. Not only that but there are a ton of go-fast farkles available to make it quite the little rocket.

You live in Montreal and I live out in the country in Ontario so we get pretty similar weather...my Audi handles like a goat when I have a set of good snowies on it, the only thing that stops it is when the snow is higher than the bumper. Those are snowies on the car now, hence the fugly steel wheels; I have a nice set OEM rims with all season's I'll change over soon.

Another nice thing is that Audi's (and VW's) are easy to work on and parts are cheap (as long as you stay away from the dealership) - if you're a gearhead it's a cheap car to keep on the road.
If you are NOT a gearhead it may not be the best choice...but then again any vehicle less than your $5K limit will have issues from time-to-time.

I just checked Montreal Kijiji...there are about thirty 2003 Audi A4's for sale and about half of them are under $5K.

Whatever you pick...good luck!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.