[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I fix?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
For some reason this windows process is taking up all my cpu power. It causes everything I do to slow down periodically. How do I fix this?
>>
U run a virus scan with malwarebytes?

What is the name of the .exe?
>>
>>80636
its a necessary windows process. Its called Service Host: Local service. Please help it wreaks havoc on my effectiveness in league
>>
>>80638

I will ask again. What is name of .exe and its location path in windows.
>>
>>80641
svchost.exe in c:/windows/System32
>>
>>80648

It might me corrupted. Did u virus scan? Alright. If it's clean then go to services.msc and disable unnecessary services. To the same with tasks in windows scheduled tasks.
>>
>>80651
which tasks are unnecessary? Can you give me a few I should disable?
>>
>>80655

Disk defrag, performance monitors, stuff related to diagnostics and customer improvements and data collection. There are a bunch. Chances are only one or a few are actually causing the cpu usage jump though.
>>
>>80656
ok. I will give you an update once I know if It worked. can you tell me what I open to disable them? I dont do this very often.
>>
>>80657

In the windows search I think you can search scheduled tasks and it will show up. Also search for services or run services.msc
>>
if wupdate is running, that might be the cause
>>
im running a scan
>>
>>80667
windows update was running. Disabling didnt help much.
>>
>>80674
Blackviper services

You can google that and seach it for the windows 8 configuration. Tells you what services you can disable.
>>
>>80676
you are gonna think im a fucking idiot for this. Im running windows 10. No idea what is going on but I can post my system.

CPU: Intel core 2 duo T7500

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT 512 mb

RAM: 4 GB DDR2.

Do you think my system has something to do with it?
>>
>>80679

Well your pc does suck but i don't think it should be at 98% usage all the t;me. Still go to blackviper site. They migh have win 10 configualration too. Reboot and let the pc fully boot. If it is like 10% or 25% then that is what it should stay at most o the t;me.
>>
>>80687
ok. Im gonna reboot in a few minutes. I hope this fixes performance, as I cant afford a new one.
>>
>>80674
disabling won't fix it

you should not disable it either, it can seriously lead to issues down the road

make sure it's allowed to run....it might be trying to fix whatever cause the high CPU usage

you should search to see if there is possibly an update to wupdate to install to fix the issue (happened with win7)
>>
Alright. my cpu usage is still at 90% despite doing what you all suggested. I dont know what the fuck is going on and im about this close to throwing the computer out my window.
>>
>>80704

Look. Try this because manual work is probably to much work for you. Download one of those pc optimizing programs and it should have some one click optimize my pc shit option going on. I suggest winutilities or glary utilities. It might help.
>>
>>80704
nevermind. there was an unnecessary program running and now its at 20%. now if I could just figure out why the processor heats up and slows so much. by the way laptop model is sager np2090 if that helps any with my issues.
>>
File: 55849270.jpg (200 KB, 914x508) Image search: [Google]
55849270.jpg
200 KB, 914x508
>>80707
>>
>>80709
op here. saving this.
>>
>>80631
/\
|
|
|______Ignore all these idiots

Rightclick the rogue service host and click "Go to Service(s)".

Sort by PID and it'll show you all the services the service host is providing.

Go to services.msc and stop each of them in turn, until the CPU overusage stops, and that'll be the one that was causing the problem.Use your brain here, because stopping services your computer actually needs can crash it in hilarious ways.

Chances are it'll turn out to be Windows Update. If it is, stop Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then rename \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ to something else, then start them again. This will rebuild the Windows Update database, which usually solves Windows Update problems.
>>
File: 4chan tech support.png (16 KB, 1077x915) Image search: [Google]
4chan tech support.png
16 KB, 1077x915
>>80641
>>80636
>>80651
Jesus Christ, stop giving out shitty advice when you don't know what you're talking about.

svchost.exe is a container that runs multiple other executables in the same process space, for efficiency reasons. It doesn't have a "location path", and it's too simple to ever go wrong. What you should be interested in is what services this instance of it is hosting.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/what-is-svchost-exe
>>
>>80749

>implying svchost.exe isn't supposed to reside in system32 f:lder
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.