[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I need some info on how to extract nicotine from tobacco.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: smoking16.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
smoking16.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
Guys I need some info on how to extract nicotine from tobacco.

I stopped smoking 20 days ago,and get cravings sometimes.I want to remove nicotine from the cig,so that I can smoke it when I get cravings,and in that way,get over it.

Anyone done it?
>>
File: why.gif (495 KB, 464x262) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
495 KB, 464x262
>>80237
>remove nicotine from the cig
What the fuck man.
I don't smoke, but aren't nicotine patches a more viable way to solve your needs?
Are you trying to simply put smoke in your lungs? Jesus Christ!
>>
>>80240
>aren't nicotine patches a more viable way to solve your needs?
I'm OFF from nicotine.I haven't smoked in 20 days.
What keeps smokers smoke is nicotine,not the act of smoking.
So I want to remove nicotine,and smoke a cig every time I get cravings.
No nicotine=no addiction,which means I'll smoke a cig every now and then,until the need for it dies completely.
>>
You can buy 10% (100mg/ml) nicotine in PG or VG.

$16 + S/H for 120ml at Wizard Labs for actual extract (not lab made like a lot of suppliers.

Read up on nic absorption amounts from cigarettes so you don't poison yourself. The liquid is pretty strong and can absorb through the skin.

Look into vaping to consume small amounts, though I've used drops of diluted(21mg/ml) in my mouth when I was sick and couldn't breathe well.

Really, what you want to do is break the association between smoking & the reward. Cigs give you almost instant gratification, while with vaping takes about 20 minutes for the nic to hit your brain, separating the act from the reward, making it easier to cut down gradually.

>>80241
ahh I misunderstood your intention. but here's my post anyway.
Tic-Tacks or similar might help, especially after eating.
Guess you could always smoke dried lettuce.
>>
File: what.jpg (8 KB, 220x276) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
8 KB, 220x276
>>80241
What! You can't just cut off the nicotine, you have to take less and less until your body doesn't feel the need anymore. You are experiencing withdrawal because you probably stopped smoking abruptly.
Nicotine patches do that exact thing, you start with a big patch and use a smaller one as time goes on. Call a doctor and get informed.

>What keeps smokers smoke is nicotine,not the act of smoking.
Then why do you think smoking a nicotine-less cigar will make you feel better?
>>
get some alternative stuff and roll your own maybe?
>>
>>80244
>Really, what you want to do is break the association between smoking & the reward.
Exactly this.
>while with vaping takes about 20 minutes for the nic to hit your brain
Are you sure?I know that cigarettes take 7 seconds,but I thought vaping should be similar,since it goes in with the same method-inhaling.
>Guess you could always smoke dried lettuce.
not sure if serious answer.I'd legit smoke it,if it'd work.
>>
>>80245
>Then why do you think smoking a nicotine-less cigar will make you feel better?
This guy said it.
>Really, what you want to do is break the association between smoking & the reward
>>
File: 1411550639868.jpg (29 KB, 857x51) Image search: [Google]
1411550639868.jpg
29 KB, 857x51
>>80250
>break the association between smoking & the reward
I see, but there has to be a way of doing this without putting shit in your lungs. I really think you should ask a doctor instead of anons on 4chan.
>>
>>80249
>Are you sure?I know that cigarettes take 7 seconds,but I thought vaping should be similar,since it goes in with the same method-inhaling.
Cigs have chemicals to speed absorption and help nic cross the blood-brain barrier (and increase addiction with the instant reward). Vaping lacks these chemicals.

I tried quitting for 10 years with little success.
What worked for me was vaping for 30 minutes before smoking the cig that I decided I was going to smoke. Sometimes I actually never got around to smoking it.
If I waited until the cravings hit, vaping wasn't quick enough to satisfy.

I've dropped from 140mg daily to about 70 over the last 2.5 years. Don't know if I'll ever be able to quit completely.
>>
>>80250
But that's not going to work, because you still have the cycle of

- want to smoke cigarette
- give up on not smoking cigarette
- get to smoke cigarette
>>
>>80253
>Don't know if I'll ever be able to quit completely.
Sucks.Have you ever actually quit,for a longer period of time?
I smoked for 3 years,and quit out of the blue.
I have to say,it was hard.
Tried vaping,didn't like it-although I have to say,I had a shit device and vaped PG,which i'm probably allergic to.
I'm also considering buying vaping mod,and e-liquid without nicotine.
I have one goal only-to get rid of the ADDICTION,and a need for a smoke.
>>
File: 1456117249560.jpg (2 MB, 5186x3085) Image search: [Google]
1456117249560.jpg
2 MB, 5186x3085
>>80254
I want to smoke,because my brain LINKS smoking with pleasure that nicotine gives.
Once i smoke without nicotine,I should break the cycle.That's what I want to try,anyway.
If it doesn't work,i'll just continue not smoking until the need for a smoke drops.
>>
>>80255
>Have you ever actually quit,for a longer period of time?
Made it 2 weeks once with the patch. Was miserable. Think I needed stronger patches but the damn things cost as much as smoking & I couldn't afford to double my nic budget & use 2 patches.

>I'm also considering buying vaping mod,and e-liquid without nicotine.
I'd recommend a small nic amount like 3 or 6 mg, over returning to smoking.
>>
>>80237
>It is an accepted fact in our society that it is very difficult to stop smoking. Even books advising you how to do so usually start off by telling you how difficult it is. The truth is that it is ridiculously easy. Yes, I can understand your questioning that statement, but just consider it.
>If your aim is to run a mile in under four minutes, that's difficult. You may have to undergo years of hard training, and even then you may be physically incapable of doing it.
>However, in order to stop smoking all you have to do is not smoke any more. No one forces you to smoke (apart from yourself) and, unlike food or drink, you don't need it to survive. So if you want to stop doing it, why should it be difficult? In fact, it isn't. It is smokers who make it difficult by using the Willpower Method.

Read this book, OP, and you'll never have to smoke again.

<You don't get a download link. Cheers 4chan spam filter.>
>>
>>80260
I did,well-most of it.
I don't really know if I used willpower or not,because most of the time I genuinelly don't want to smoke.I know the reasons why I stopped smoking.
It's those few times a week when cravings hit that it's hard.
>>80259
>I'd recommend a small nic amount like 3 or 6 mg
I'm looking at 0 nicotine.
Just want to vape every time I get the need,and eventually stop.
>>
Jesus, just get a fucking vape mod. You'll look like a faggot, but you can get 0 nicotine juice.
>>
Just buy a mouth fedora.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.