[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some dark and depressing manga. Namely something with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 254254352345.png (11 KB, 480x532) Image search: [Google]
254254352345.png
11 KB, 480x532
I need some dark and depressing manga. Namely something with failed romance and psychologically damaged characters. Punpun was close, but always leaves me wanting something darker.

Of course I've read most of the well known stuff like NHK, Berserk, Aku no Hana, Inside Mari, etc.
>>
Maybe try Suicide Island if you haven't yet.
>>
File: black-pARADOX-02.jpg (101 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
black-pARADOX-02.jpg
101 KB, 500x489
Black Paradox
>>
File: Uzumaki.jpg (171 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Uzumaki.jpg
171 KB, 800x1200
Uzumaki is quite literally everything you described

I probably didn't look hard enough but I couldn't find any scans on any manga or torrent site. So I ended up buying it on amazon. Worth it IMO
>>
>>79954
>Uzumaki is quite literally everything you described
minus the wanting more part though. I found it to be one of the darkest manga I've ever read. Your results may vary due to opinion though
>>
File: Shintaro-Kago-illustrations-4.jpg (108 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
Shintaro-Kago-illustrations-4.jpg
108 KB, 610x610
Maybe it's a little different from what you want, but Shintaro Kago's works are really messed up
>>
OP here, thanks for the recs, anons.
>>
File: 832.png (260 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
832.png
260 KB, 358x310
Anyone have an image with a skeleton with text under the image saying something like "guys I'm scared/spooked"? The text under it is in similar style of the image I just posted
>>
>>80009
well this is an embarrassing newfag moment. I thought the [post reply] button on the top posted a new thread. Anyone here have the image anyways?
>>
>>79846
Read Arigatou, if you'd like a depressing manga from a family perspective.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=344
>>
I don't know which of these have you read since some are pretty famous-ish, but here you go.

Getenrou, this is a depressing read despite it being pure comedy in its first chapters.
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
God's in His Heaven
Usotsuki Mi-kun to Kowareta Ma-chan
Hoshi no Ponko to Toufuya Reiko
Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi
Semete, Ano Yuki no You ni
End of Goldfish Kingdom
Pluto
Sneewittchen
Bokurano
The Nightmare of Fabrication
>>
How about Wolfsmund? I'll just paste the summary and you can decide based on that.

"Wolfsmund is a dark historical manga set in the early 14th century of Europe (Switzerland). The story revolves around the eponymous fortress in the St. Gotthard Pass which is ruled by a sadistic tyrant. Basically, each chapter deals with characters who for some reason have to cross the pass and who end up getting interrogated by the mentioned tyrant.

What sets this manga apart is the fact that there's rarely a happy ending for our protagonists. The author pulls no punches to show us just how brutal and inhuman the Middle Ages really were."
>>
Perhaps "Ajin."
>>
Freesia
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.