[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get rid of Virus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (161 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
161 KB, 1366x768
Running windows 10, windows defender constantly pops up "found some malware". I get 1 or 2 files (pic related has built up for a bit) found and put in quarantine, but I've ran malwarebytes and deleted everything it found, but windows defender keeps finding new shit, normally in my temp files. Is there a virus generating this shit, or is windows defender fucking up? Either way, how do I fix it?
>>
Reformat and change all passwords
>>
>>79705
Well, first I would make sure thats actually windows defender, and not some virus spoofing its look.

However, if you don't know enough to avoid getting viruses, its just going to happen again anyhow.
>so
you get advice like reformat and change all passwords.
>>
>>79707
This.

https://youtu.be/GySdZHaoij0
>>
>>79707

wrong

Change all passwords, create new bank account numbers, new credit cards, and do the same for each person that has ever used your computer mainly spouse.
>>
>>79737
I normally don't get viruses, and I normally don't have to ask for advice, not sure what caused this
>>
>>79752

Have you scanned with Malwarebytes? Please. I'm so interested in this. Download that program and run it. Chances are you have more shit infesting your PC. No guarantees though.
>>
>>79754
That was the first thing I did. It did find stuff, but I deleted everything it found, and defender keeps poping up with more shit. running another malwarebytes scan now.
>>
>>79757

Well, look. Bottom line is you're going to want to format, which means reinstall Windows. That's pretty much the antibiotics of the computer world. A restore disk or install disk. Otherwise you are never sure what's left in your system. It's kind of like a rug that is stained so bad you can't get the stains out no matter what.
>>
>>79762
Is resetting it via windows 10 good enough? If not, do I just straight up format the entire C drive, and then reinstall windows via a USB?
Would that delete the drivers and shit for my laptop? I managed to do that once, and not having a network driver sucks.
>>
>>79789

If you have like a prebuit and it has something that shipped with the computer that offers a "restore to factory defaults" or something like that it's good enough. better than an actual install because with an actual installation cd you wouldn't have the otehr useful programs and settings and drivers that came with your laptop. So yeah, you want to first BACKUP your stuff, like important pictures, music and stuff you don't want to delete onto a CD or DVD or another external hard drive or even USB drive before you do this if you don't want to lose that data. Once you have everything backed up so it won't get erased then do the "Restore to factory settings".
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.