[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
small questions v2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9
okay guys im back to do another small questions thread. if you have a question that you think is too small or not important enough for its own thread ask it in here and ill do my best to respond to everyone.
>>
woah guys calm down dont overwhelm me!
>>
File: the thinker.png (81 KB, 240x278) Image search: [Google]
the thinker.png
81 KB, 240x278
>>78907
Oh come on, you know this is a slow board. Here's a question. What's more important? Being intelligent or educated?
Is it better to be a genius with no particular knowledge (I'm lazy but smart) or a complete moron that decided to compensate his slow-witted mind with as much information as possible (I'm stupid but I work hard)?

Can reading books make me more intelligent or will it just give me a better vocabulary, maybe improve my attention span a little? Fantasy or sci-fi books aren't informative, can they still be useful to learn something when reading isn't exactly a thing I enjoy?
Is it even possible to force yourself to become better than what you already are? Is it really worth it?
>>
What is the song name in this video? I tried transcribing lyrics, and MooMash cannot find it anywhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVsU-vwUpdM
>>
H-how do I decide what to do with my life?
>>
>>78913
>What's more important? Being intelligent or educated?
personally i think intellegent. but its a subjective stance you have to take. there is obvious trade offs but i think being able to figure out what is what in any given situation is better than being able to recite some shit thats already been said. but working hard is very valuable and if youre a genius who is lazy what is it worth? not much desu.

>Can reading books make me more intelligent or will it just give me a better vocabulary, maybe improve my attention span a little?
all three yes. for the first read books that teach you about how people think (such as philosophy i reccomend the book brave new world by huxley) for the second read lovecraft and similar books with hard words and complex sentances. for the third read long books such as stephen king.

>Fantasy or sci-fi books aren't informative, can they still be useful to learn something when reading isn't exactly a thing I enjoy?
yes. see above. i reccomended exclusivly fiction because fiction can teach you things that you woild otherwise not be able to understand. nonfiction is nice but its particularly difficult to read because it get so boring (unless youre interested)

>Is it even possible to force yourself to become better than what you already are? Is it really worth it?
yes and yes. practice and you will improve. see bob ross's advice.

>>78917
1) find what makes you happy (of course something legal and practical)
2) do it till you die.
if it can be applied to a career (for example i like dogs should i groom em?) check out that career. if it cant (i want a house of my own where i can grow a garden and play board games) then pick a career that has anough downtime and pays the bills.

>>78914
lets go by juiceboxxx
thats a pretty funny vid.
>>
>>78949
forgot to trip
>>
how is that? good? bad?
>>
>>78976
If no one tells you anything assume it's ok.
Why do you feel the need to use a secure tripcode? Why use a tripcode at all?
>>
>>79092
i guess its because i want it to be ME helping you guys and using a secure tripcode establishes an identity. i need to feel like im making a difference or that i matter. which is the same reason that instead of just saying bump i ask how im doing. i need to reaffirm that im good and remain good.

im insecure. and i think thats the reason why im doing these threads anyway
>>
>>79108
Please stop.

This board doesn't need a self-proclaimed celebrity.

You want to help people? Brilliant. There's a hundred and fifty threads already here, each made by someone who needs help with something.
>>
File: 1457095335595.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457095335595.png
12 KB, 500x500
>>79108
I feel almost the same man, but you know that YOU are helping. You don't need a tripcode to know that, you need a tripcode so others can recognize you, am I correct? Is this really necessary?
I'm helping on /wsr/ for the same reason, I'm insecure, and seeing that I'm able to help anons out is helping me grow a bit more mature. You can make a difference, but don't let you ego get in the way. Remember that /adv/ exist, maybe you can also help there if the other threads on here aren't enough.
>>
>>79112
>Please stop. This board doesn't need a self-proclaimed celebrity.

stop making the thread or stop tripcoding? i think the thread is good because some people think theyre question isnt worth a whole thread i for example had a request but i didnt think it was good enough, but now i cant remember.

i dont want to be a celebrity. im just tripcoding for myself, so i can show that i answered these people (to myself). i know nobody actually cares who i really am. and they will take my answers with equal weight as any other. and thats how i want it. but the name is so i know it was me. and because once you get your answer you leave, i cannot rely on (you)s.

maybe just a regular name then. sorry.
>>
>>79120
i have the exact same thread on /adv/ because i want different kinds of questions. haha

thank you for relating. but seeing my (self proclaimed) name at the top of a post is what boosts me.
>>
>>79122
I only meant stop tripping; general threads are bad also, but that's another discussion.

At the end of the day, what really matters is that you know you helped, and the people you helped know they were helped.
>>
>>79127
thanks man. got a request? besides that i stop tripping.
>>
>>79125
>seeing my (self proclaimed) name at the top of a post is what boosts me
Can you please elaborate on that? Anonymity is what I love about this site...
The only reason why I would ever use a name is to keep track of how stupid I was in the past by checking the archives.
Have you ever tried helping people irl?
>>
File: 1458603558864414664.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1458603558864414664.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>79132
>Can you please elaborate on that? Anonymity is what I love about this site...
i love the anonymity as well. i didnt put my real name in the field just piglet. nobody knows who i really am except me. so everyone knows that someone is doing it but nobody knows who exactly it is (except me of course).

if lots of people know its one person and i know im that one person its like lots of people know it was me except i retain my anonymity. see graffiti culture. i grew up on that and the ideals stuck with me. (besides the disrespect towards property) fuck i even still write graffiti just on my personal property (pic related) so thats how i see it.
>>
File: Lackofhappiness.jpg (75 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Lackofhappiness.jpg
75 KB, 620x349
How come I'm never happy?
>>78845
>>
>>79182
you arent doing things that make you happy. or maybe you are jaded toblife and need to rediscover/redefine wjat you enjoy. try new things. maybe get a new hobby. take a class or something, learn something interesting. cheer up dude.
>>
File: everything will be fine.png (974 KB, 698x840) Image search: [Google]
everything will be fine.png
974 KB, 698x840
>>79182
because you set yourself up to be un-happy get a hobby or something
>>
File: monkey ladder experiment.jpg (152 KB, 960x714) Image search: [Google]
monkey ladder experiment.jpg
152 KB, 960x714
>>78845
Hey Piglet, I want to know your opinion on this, but if some other anon also has something to say please do.

Is the "being an asshole on 4chan" just a meme or not? From what I gathered it's a mean used by "oldfags" to keep the "newfags" away. Has this in any way ever worked? All I see are newfriends getting more defensive, replying with bait and shitposting, furthering the shit that made 4chan what we like and love today.
By keeping up this attitude, newfigs adopted that kind of approach as the only acceptable one and god forbid they don't call you a faggot with every reply. Telling them to fuck off doesn't work, telling them to lurk more doesn't work, being kind to them of course wouldn't work. In the end most oldfags migrated to other websites, the ones that remained became bitter, while the newfags stayed, calling other newfags new, or worse "redditors" and such, repeating the cycle ad infinitum.
4chan became too popular to be muh secret club, there's still some good left in it, but you have to look hard and go through so much shit. One could argue that I should just leave if I don't like it, but don't forget that I'm here forever. That's why I stay on /wsr/, a board divided in two groups: people who need help (they really cannot afford to act like a dick) and anons who want to help (not assholes by nature, at least not as much).
It feels like something like pic related happened.

That being said, I'm a 2011 cancerfag. My post reflects my limited knowledge of how things really work around here, if anything of what I said is wrong, please point it out.
Is there any board I should lurk in more to learn about these kind of things?
>>
>>79547
I've been here since '03.

This phenomenon you describe has been happening the whole time.
>>
>>79575
>I've been here since '03
Holy shit, an originalfag!
It can't be helped then, right? I'm guessing this also happens to other websites, even without the anonymous aspect. Do you still care about this place? How long will it take before I stop giving a shit?

Since you've been here from the very beginning, in your opinion what year was the best year for 4chan? In what year and what particular event caused it to go downhill (the fappening, gamergate, etc)? Or was it just a steady drop?
Sorry for pestering you with so many questions, but I'm really curious to know about your experience.
>>
File: Untitled1.jpg (255 KB, 1045x783) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.jpg
255 KB, 1045x783
How do I get normies to leave?
>>
>>79600
just keep saying reeee eventually that retarded meme will work.
(except only fucking idiots/"normies" ise the word normie)

>>79547
first off, fuck off you nigger faggot new fag. learn to lurk moar. kill yourself ????? profit.

>Has this in any way ever worked?
kinda. what it does is keep newfriends from posting for a while until they get the feel for how to talk and behave. because the people who arent new will shit all over newfaggotry with intentional shit posting and the like. but lately i think all its been doing is shitting on the boards it happens on which is unfortunate for two reasons. one, these new faggots seem to never learn. because nobody amogst the sjitting tells them the joke. two, instead the newfaggots just learn to shitpost the most outrageous b8 in existence.

>It feels like something like pic related happened
i think so. i havent been here as long as the original fags but the culture i see, especially on active boards, seems a lot like your pic.

>Is there any board I should lurk in more to learn about these kind of things?
if you wanna know more about how the website itself works lurk /qa/ even though there is a lot of shitposting. if you wanna learn the nature of the shitpost lurk /b/ and /s4s/ but honestly once you learn the way that people post on a board you can become active and you fit right it. but its always helpful to lurk moar. my preferred boards are /wsr/ /adv/ /wsg/ and the nintendo general in /vg/ and thats it. on occasion i hop in /h/ or /e/. and sometimes i lurk /3/ /x/ and /gd/.

just check out a random ass board, read the rule, read the faq, read the news, and maybe suck a lil dick if you wanna. its up to you.
>>
>>79671
forgot name (aww shit son i gotta get better at remembering) this post is useless so also sage....
>>
File: 1433584784167.jpg (10 KB, 267x269) Image search: [Google]
1433584784167.jpg
10 KB, 267x269
>>79671
>>79672
Thank you Piglet, I'll lurk moar and suck as much dicks as I can.
>>
i wish i could only bump it halfway ti the top.
>>
>>79894
I wish you'd stop bumping this retarded thread. Christ, you're either outrageously new or genuinely autistic, or both, and I cringe every time you post. Just do everyone a favour and cut the nonsense.
>>
>>79962
o-oh... okay. sorry. it seemed like people were using/enjoying the thread. i guess i really couldnt tell i was unwanted. sorry
>>
>>79993
While I don't disagree with that anon, don't let one person calling you autistic decide for you. You tried this before, and it went smoothly in my opinion, but this thread is becoming a general. This board it's so young and worked fine so far, adding generals to it might no be such a good idea. You also stand out because almost no one here uses a name or a trip, there's only two-three people I think, vomit_chan and someone else, but you're the only one that dedicated a thread to himself. This last bit is what I believe the other anon doesn't like.
Your concern seems to be that there might be questions not worthy of making a thread, but this board is so slow that this is not really necessary. If the board was flooded with even more dumb shit I would agree with you, but it's not really the case now.
You can still help on /wsr/, keep the name if you really want, but try to help in other threads instead, keep this kind of general in /adv/. Is it even accepted there?
>>
>>80162
>Is it even accepted there?
yeah they like it over in /adv/. a couple of people have shat on me but mostly they like the thread. thanks for making me feel better. i see what you mean about the general and the whole "dedicated to myself" idea. i personally like general threads because you can hang out there for a long while and build a decent conversation/discussion but i get what you mean. thanks for the suggestions.i appreciate the politeness. have a good one anon.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.