[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
(Using Clover app to write this.) My PC is bugging out, I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
(Using Clover app to write this.)
My PC is bugging out, I think I have a virus. So I'm browsing /b/ on my computer, and as I'm posting my keyboard stops typing and emits a clicking sound through my headphones whenever I press a key. I looked up what it was on my phone and fixed it. Now my mouse scroll wheel is tied to back/forward, so I can't use it to scroll down on Firefox. By this point, I think I have some sort of virus or malware that's screwing with my Ease of Access settings. So I decide to run Windows Defender, but I can't find it on my desktop (where I usually keep it). So I open my important programs folder, thinking I may have put it there, but my mouse selected and opened 5 different folders. LSS, it wasn't it there and I had to open it through the start-menu. I start a full scan, and I get up to take a piss after locking my computer. Come back and I can't log on. I did not forget my password, it literally wont take it. Google some shit, decide to try to reset it to earlier by starting from safemode. After all that my PC just now booted up and seems to be working fine. So is there anyone who can tell me what this is, why this happened, and how to make it never happen again?
>pic unrelated
>>
I don't know but I hope for the best.
Get em , tiger
>>
First thing download Malwarebytes and install it then scan your computer. See what it comes up with.
>>
>>78824
>who can tell me what this is
This really sounds like you've got an RAT which includes access to your webcam considering how your computer locks up so coincidentally when you leave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_administration_software#RAT_trojan_horses

Purge your computer and reinstall your OS(es).

>why this happened
Probably because you ran some suspicious executable. Less likely is that you came across an infected website.

>how to make it never happen again
It's never definite. Just try to stay away from shady stuff. Have antivirus on at all times. I recommend avira.
>>
>>78881
>I recommend avira.
What, so he can continue to have the full virus experience even without having one?
>>
>>78829
yup

if that doesn't work....combofix

>>78894
lol, but true

use MSE
>>
>>78921
>trusting microsoft to be up to date

>>78894
I'll bite. What's uniquely bad about avira among all the other antiviruses?
>>
>>79103
Its advertising is truly, thoroughly obnoxious.

There's no way they'd be able to run an antivirus company without the malware samples the free version collects, yet their stance is that it's them doing you a favour, and you really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really should be paying them something.

Plus it installs a bunch of shit into every browser you've installed, without asking you, exactly like a virus does.
>>
>>79115
I think you missed the "uniquely bad" part of my question. I've tried numerous antivirus instances; all of them feature ads.

>yet their stance is that it's them doing you a favour
Quite sure that's just in your head. Of all the ways to look at it (i.e. mutual exchange), you choose to be offended. Out of curiosity once, I found out that there are indeed ways to turn off the popups but the ads come up so infrequently that I don't feel compelled to try them.

>installs a bunch of shit into every browser you've installed, without asking you, exactly like a virus does
Never had this happen to me. On other antiviruses, yes, but not avira - so I'm not sure what happened when you had it.

The point is, as much as you claim at it's "exactly like a virus", it actually isn't.

Would I put up with the occasional ad given the insurance against malware? You bet.

>>78881
I'd like to add that the reason you'd want to wipe things clean because there's always the chance that you don't completely rid yourself the malware and it will still persist with you knowing it.
>>
>>79135
>Never had this happen to me.
Oh, I guess that means it doesn't do it then.

Terribly sorry, of course you're correct.
>>
>>79144
>>Oh, I guess that means it doesn't do it then.
Well, yes, that is what I'm implying. Unless they oddly happen to distribute out mixed batches of installers. Could also be that things have changed since you last used avira. Either way, looks like your mind is set.
>>
File: yeah could be.png (164 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
yeah could be.png
164 KB, 1366x768
>>79149
>Could also be that things have changed since you last used avira
Yeah, could be.

I imagine what's changed is that browsers now actually tell you when third parties "extend" them without your consent.
>>
>>79155
They do. And I haven't seen anything showing that avira pushed out of its boundaries and that includes your screenshot.
>>
File: 1434886556871.png (13 KB, 398x375) Image search: [Google]
1434886556871.png
13 KB, 398x375
>>79144
Keep that passive-aggressive shit out of /wsr/ you sperg
>>
>>79160
> I haven't seen anything showing that avira pushed out of its boundaries
Of course not, you muppet.

D'you think I'd put that extension back in, just to make you a screenshot?
>>
>>78881
Thank you very much.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.