[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello. I have never watched anime. Suggestions? >bonus if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 500x281
Hello.
I have never watched anime.
Suggestions?

>bonus if I don't have to pay for anything to watch it, like subscriptions
>>
I don't like anime and haven't seen much but love Ninja Scroll (movie) and Agent Aika because of all the upskirt panty shots.
>>
>>78497
Cant really recommend a series to you because mine and your tastes are different. However, you can use mal (myanimelist) to find a series of a genre you like (romance, harem, action, ect)

If you want HD quilty anime you are going to have to use torrents. Or you could use the pleb-tier option which is streaming. Kissanime offers 720p/1080p streaming.
>>
>>78505
...for free.
>>
What genres of TV or movies do you like?
>>
>>78512
I enjoy action/comedy movies and shows.
>>
File: 1284751708378.jpg (3 MB, 2610x3700) Image search: [Google]
1284751708378.jpg
3 MB, 2610x3700
>>78497
Pick and choose. If you don't like one thing, move on to the next.

You don't necessarily have to like everything on this list, but you're bound to find something you like.
>>
>>78516
Thank you kind sir.
>>
>>78515
try this

great teacher onizuka
neon genesis evangelion
cowboy bebop / samurai champloo (same director)

also if you're around 18 try watching

death note
full metal alchemist brotherhood
elfen lied
>>
>Action/comedy
Full metal panic and TTGL are good starting points.
>>
Sword art online, death note, dragon ball (these are the animes I've watched in order of when I watched them)
>>
File: rec_list.jpg (4 MB, 3000x3215) Image search: [Google]
rec_list.jpg
4 MB, 3000x3215
>>78497
Here's a couple of rec lists, sorry about the res couldn't find the better version. I'd also recommend going through the archive and looking at /a/'s 3x3 threads to see what pops up frequently since that'll give you an idea of whats popular

>bonus if I don't have to pay for anything to watch it, like subscriptions
If you can torrent use nyaa

>>78515
action: neon genesis evangelion, and ghost in the shell, are where most people start. If you want something more recent, sword art online, is extremely popular but generally catches a lot of shit over its second half.

comedy: cromartie high school, detroit metal city, and flcl are all classics
>>
>>78515
If you want Shonen shit watch Dragon Ball(not Z) or One Piece.
Otherwise listen to this guy
>>78526
>>
>>78526
>also if you're around 18 try watching
>Death note
death note is only good when you are going through your edgy 14 year old phase
>full metal alchemist brotherhood
fine show but no reason to think of it as 18+
>elfen lied
hot garbage you shouldn't bother with at at any age.
>>
>>78497
Would you want dubbed anime?
>>
OP, I'm really lazy, so believe me when I say that torrenting is incomparably easier and faster than streaming once you get it set up.
>>
>>78538
I think the guy was saying if OP was underage by saying "around" 18
>>
>>78545
This. RSS feeds automatically download what I want, Taiga makes it so I don't have to look for anything once I download it. I can watch any show in two clicks.
>>
OP, Just watch Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. Ive gotten 6 people into anime because I showed them that first, its the gateway drug. Its really good, you can watch more complex stuff after youve tested the waters

its on netflix, or you could always look it up on the world wide web. dont believe the guy who says 18+ its more like 13+
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.