[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a song.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
I am searching for a specific song or possibly sound clip. It was frequently used on the History Channel during their "creepy" programs back in the day, but I have heard it as recently as an episode of "Monster Quest." Just by chance, I have found another song with samples a few seconds of it, which led me to begin this quest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ-N6dQ5A1g

Starting from 1:01, you can hear it in the background, sort of like a synthesized string instrument sounding ominous. I know there is a full track of just this somewhere because I found it years ago. I believe the name "Gwen" is in the title of the track, or is the name of the original artist, but so far no search has proven successful.
If I could get any help on this, I would be extremely grateful.

Pic unrelated.
Also, I do not know if this is the correct board for this. I apologize if it is not.
>>
File: band.png (688 KB, 1832x935) Image search: [Google]
band.png
688 KB, 1832x935
On the Youtube page it says the band's site is http://www.myspace.com/ulver1

Have you checked there? sounds like this is one of their soundtracks or something.
>>
>>78494
I know for a fact that the original track did not originate with Ulver. They sampled the track, I just cannot find the original track. I know I've given you all literally less than 4 seconds of audio to go off of, I apologize. I figured that since it was such a distinctive sound that I recognized it, someone else was bound to as well.

All I know right now is that it has been played on the History Channel for years on various programs, and I think the original track title or artist was named "Gwen" or "Gwendolyn."

I'm sorry I can't give you all more to go on.
>>
>>78502

So Gnosis is the actual name of the track they made right? and it was sampled from something else? and even then the piece your referring too is only a part sample?
>>
>>78514
Yes.
Ulver is the name of the band I linked. They produced this song, Gnosis. In this song called Gnosis, from around 1:01 to 1:08, another song is sampled for a few seconds. That original song is what I'm looking for.

I just realized how how ridiculous this request is without more to go on. I will see if I can hunt down an instance of it being sampled in a television show or something. I will post that here and see if that helps.
>>
Alright, OP again. Here is another instance of it being used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVW0WCwot5o

From about 1:55 - 2:11 it can again be heard in the background. It sounds like a synthesized string instrument. I have yet to find a "clean" example with nothing overlaid on it yet.

Still looking.
>>
OP one last time.

I found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFH2llKgFog

Feel free to delete this thread now.
Thanks to anyone who was interested!
>>
Awesome op. I might look into ulver they soumd cool.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.