[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime as a cure for mental illness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_nd99qm9bRY1u0x24uo1_1280.png (787 KB, 853x476) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd99qm9bRY1u0x24uo1_1280.png
787 KB, 853x476
What is the best anime for a virgin lanklet who had a panic attack at a party and started yelling and blacking out, destroying all chances of a normalfag life and now is being forced to embrace his wizardry?
>>
>>78127
The "fight fire with fire" thing doesn't apply here. You're better off reading a book or watching /tv/ shows.

Don't bury yourself deeper, anon.
>>
>>78136
Its ok, I will probably go on a very long road bike ride today as well, I just need something to chill with and I am mad at myself for engaging in normalfag/nigger culture last night so I want to retreat from that and get back to who I really am. Which is a destined wizard. I good go for some manga I guess if that fits in the book category though. Also, I may have lost one of my only close friends last night and want to get something familiar that I can comfort myself with and talk to what may be my only good friends left, other wizards on the chans.
>>
>>78136
also thanks for the reply and concern senpai.
>>
File: 1380822986094.png (19 KB, 512x323) Image search: [Google]
1380822986094.png
19 KB, 512x323
>>78140
tell me the whole story anon

greentext if possible, but really just tell us the story.
>>
>>78168
Alright, please excuse the poor greentext quality, I wrote this this morning to post on cripple r9k and my mind wasn't clear yet. I think it gets the point across though, maybe leaving out some details about how terrible the actual panic attack was. In the panic attack it literally felt like death, one of the worst ones I've had if not the worst. I could not focus, I kept blacking out, yelling, forgetting shit, shaking. I looked insane, and I wasn't in control of my body at all.

>have anxiety disorder

>get panic attacks, sometimes to the point where I start blacking out

>haven't had a panic attack in over a year, think they are done

>friend invites me to party

>he wants to get with a qt at the party, I know no one there

>get to the party

>know no one there except for wierd stoner manlet and some wierd dudes I cycle with

>he tells me to take a hit off a grav bong

>do it

>get moderately high, heart is pounding, isn't very enjoyable with all these unfamiliar normalfags around

>standing next to stoner manlet

>he starts nodding off

>think he's fucking with me

>he isn't

>starts falling, try to catch him but can't, ends up smashing grav bong

>all I saw him have was like 1 four loco, and a beer, but he had smoking a lot of weed

>think "what the fuck was in that weed" because this kid would be the type to do wierd shit with his weed

>majorly sketched because I had just seen a dead guy in the woods who got really drunk and tried to go on a run, but ended up going into cardiac arrest and when we tried to do cpr puke just kept coming up out of his chest

>two people have passed out from that weed now

>manlet is really pale, looks like he is half dead

>anxiety mode engaged

>ask around about the weed, it was probably good

>just standing behind manlet while he is in chair

1/?
>>
>>78184
>heart starts pounding, half black out

>run up to half passed out manlet and yel "what the fuck was in that weed"

>Chad behind him looks at me like I am shit, and tells me to calm the fuck down its probably fine

>my friend who brought me sees what's going on, gets me and brings me off to the side

>start freaking out, keep blacking out, forgetting stuff that happened a few seconds ago, feel like I am dreaming but I'm not

>tell friend I need to go

>start yelling without knowing I'm yelling

>people start walking over

>tell friend I need to call my dad or 911, without thinking

>takes my phone, talks some sense into me

>black out again

>finally get friend to walk me back to his truck

>don't know how many people saw me because I kept blacking out

>finally get friend to drive me home

>just before we go back to tell people I'm OK

2/?
>>
>>78186
>try to explain anxiety attacks to people who thought I was crazy

>I can't help it, my nervous system flairs up to literal death tier fear out of nowhere sometimes, ever since I got in a major car accident

>nobody understood, probably judged me more

>feel shitty because my friend may have been able to bang a stacy

>girl he was going after was grinding on other dudes anyways

>go back and leave

>explain to friend everything about what just happened, he understands more than others, is really nice to me, we end up just talking and forgetting about what just happened

>talk about God and stuff, makes me feel shitty about what I just did, but somewhat comforted

>talk about working out and more casual stuff

>feel OK because at least this guy will still be my friend

>wake up today, realize what happened, hope that all those Chads forget about this before spring break ends

>feel guilty I engaged in normalfag/nigger culture

>realize I still have to go to school with these fags for one more year

>they all think I am actually insane now

>thinking about going to online school and getting the fuck out early to join the military in a few months to get the fuck away from this small, degenerate town

>want to engage in full wizardry now before I continue down this path and destroy that option

TLDR; went to normie party, had a random panic attack for the first time in a year(probably triggered by recently seeing a fucked up dead person in the woods), freaked out, yelling like a schizo in front of many normies I still need to go to school with and eventually went home.
3/3
>>
File: 1483725934637.jpg (94 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1483725934637.jpg
94 KB, 640x360
>>78127
Welcome to the NHK.
Watamote.
Chaos;head
>>
>>78194
Thanks Man
>>
>>78201
You felt like your life was in danger, of course you get a panic attack.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't weed terrible if you suffer from these things? The strongest thing I have ever taken were sleeping pills so I don't know shit about drugs.

If you want to immerse yourself in anime to forget maybe you should try some comfy slice of life.
Non Non Biyori helped me when I was depressed, completely uneventful with cute girls doing cute things.
Nichijou, Cromartie Highschool and Plastic nee-san for some nonsense comedy.
If that's not your genre try Space Dandy, managed to make me forget about real life.
>>
>>78209
Alright, thanks man, just took a screenshot of that so I could check them all out.

And yes, weed is terrible if you have mental problems, my therapist explained this to me a lot, and it has given me panic attacks before. I was just being a complete retard, trying to fit in with the normalfags. I'm gonna go on a long bike ride and try to forget about what happened, and I will check out some of those animes when I get back in probably 2 hours. Thanks again man.
>>
Kuuchuu Buranko
EVA
>>
File: no homo.png (9 KB, 387x429) Image search: [Google]
no homo.png
9 KB, 387x429
>>78213
I don't know how much this could mean to you, but this anon sympathizes with you. Since becoming a cyborg isn't a viable way for you, try at least to learn to not give in to normalfags' peer pressure. For the love of god drop the weed, it's hurting you. Smoke only at home.
>>
>>78220
Thanks man. That actually helps quite a bit.
>>
>>78127
You're being recommended some pretty fucked up stuff that, if anything, will aggravate your anxiety.

Escapism anime IS a cure for such stuff. Look into moeshit. Have a list from the top of my head:
Aria (first and foremost)
Ichigo Mashimaro
K-on (I despise it because I like music and that shit is not about music, but as an escapism anime, is top-tier. Which kinda generates the most cancerous fan following...)
Manabi Straight
A-Channel
Gochiusa (second ED is like crack)
Hyakko (home to mai waifu... though it -might- be a bit heavy around the end)
Strike Witches (which adds action and countless fanservice to the moeshit)
Kamichu
Hidamari Sketch
Sketchbook Full Colors
Love Live
AKB0048 (with extra action and shilling. And Kawamori)
>>
>>78239
Thanks man
>>
>>78239
>and that shit is not about music
You didn't watch season 2, apparently.
>>
>>78194
>Welcome to the NHK.
you beat me to it.
>>
>>78239
just to report back in after watching some Aria, you were right. That actually was really amazing. Thanks again.
>>
>>78127
Tatami Galaxy
>>
File: ushio to tora.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ushio to tora.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>78127
Try the Ushio to Tora reboot. The opening alone is enough to put hair on your chest, anon.
>>
Watamote is like the epitome of sheltered awkwardness

But I agree with >>78239 . Watch some cute shit instead
>>
>>78127
That's a pretty rough story broseph. You know weed can make people without anxiety disorders have panic attacks. That probably wasn't a great idea.
Can you clarify for me, what do you mean you kept blacking out?

I guess, looking back on highschool and the awkward situations that occasionally crop up...
My advice would be not to try to forget about what happened, in the sense of denial. Its probably more appropriate to sort of accept something bogus happened. Think of that experience like eating bad food when you are hungry. Sure, it was shitty, but there can be some good that came from it.
Sounds to me like you learned not to do drugs, and to mitigate your social anxiety in some other way when at a party setting.
Hell, maybe you'll hit the jackpot and some cutie who struggles with similar issues will become your bff.
>but that only happens in anime, right?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.