[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solid gaming laptops for $1000 or less. (Picture not related)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1457309527593.jpg (35 KB, 640x638) Image search: [Google]
1457309527593.jpg
35 KB, 640x638
Solid gaming laptops for $1000 or less.
(Picture not related)
>>
>gaming
>laptop
Pick one.
>>
Best I could find was the ASUS GL551 from 2014, about $850 on amazon. Has a GTX 960M GPU with 2GB of GDDR5 vRAM which should be enough to play even new games on medium-high 1080p settings.

Are you sure you want to waste all this money on a gaming laptop that costs twice as much as a desktop and some parts can't be upgraded?

You can do what the gaming laptop does with a custom desktop build for around $400.
>>
>>77691
I would but the problem is is that I need something that is both powerful and portable for college.
>>
>>77693
Well just remember that all this portability literally comes at a price. If you could make arrangements to have a desktop at home/your dorm then it would be cheaper and better.

You let me know if it's possible because for $400 I could make you a great pcpartpicker build. You could then spend $250 for a cheap laptop for non-gaming uses.
>>
>>77696
I think that I'll be going for a desktop. The thing is is that I've never built a computer or anything like that. Never really had the money for a high-end computer until now.
>>
>>77701
>I think that I'll be going for a desktop. The thing is is that I've never built a computer or anything like that. Never really had the money for a high-end computer until now.
It's not that hard really, it's kinda like connecting lego pieces together. I've built many AM1 desktops for family members. Youtube can show you the basics of assembling a desktop in a few minutes, you should check that out.

Here is the build I was talking about:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Hp4tcf
>>
>>77713
Thanks for the help. I already have a laptop that can handle schoolwork and simple stuff like that. So I'll have more to work with than $400. I'll see what I can find on the site that you mentioned. Any other tips? (computers are not my area of expertise.) Thank you again.
>>
>>77717
>Thanks for the help. I already have a laptop that can handle schoolwork and simple stuff like that. So I'll have more to work with than $400. I'll see what I can find on the site that you mentioned. Any other tips? (computers are not my area of expertise.) Thank you again.
np.

Don't be afraid of learning new things, they can end up saving you tons of money. Check out http://www.logicalincrements.com if you are willing to spend more than $400 for a better guide as to which parts to buy.

good luck
>>
>>77724
Thank you.
>>
>>77693
You could quite literally buy a netbook and build a computer that could run better, for cost or less than what you're spending.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.