[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm confused, just how many different versions did they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: hardware-new-xl.png (128 KB, 314x337) Image search: [Google]
hardware-new-xl.png
128 KB, 314x337
I'm confused, just how many different versions did they make? Could someone tell me if I'm wrong?

So far from what I've gathered :

They first made the 3DS.
Then they made a 3DS-XL.
Then they made the 2DS as well as the "new" 3DS and a "new" 3DS-XL.

They will (or have already) release games that only the "new" 3DS(-XL) will be able to play. And the 2DS won't be able to play those games, right? So basically older versions of the 3DS are useless and it's best to save up for the 3DS-XL since it'll be able to play everything all while having a big nice screen?

The 2DS sounds interesting and I might have considered it as my main buy but if it can't play the more advanced games aka the ones for the "new" 3DS I don't think it's worth it. I suppose later as a second buy could be interesting since it looks comfy to play on.
>>
3DS is the original.
3DS-XL is the original with a bigger screen.
2DS is a 'budget' version of the original that has no 3D-slider, which means no 3D effects.

Then Nintendo shows off its brilliant naming skills yet again, premiering the "New Nintendo 3DS"
The New 3DS has improved specs like more memory and stuff. Don't sweat the details, but yes. Games like Xenoblade 3D are exclusive to it.
New 3DS-XL is the same thing as the normal XL: a New 3DS with a bigger screen.

Whether to get a 2DS or one of the new versions depends on what you're looking to get out of it, really. If you wanted to play Xenoblade that badly, a 2DS is useless. On the other hand, if you're a sucker for brain training and other 'light' games that don't look too impressive you're better off with that 2DS.

Still, the old models are not useless. Not every new game will be "new"-exclusive. Most of them function well on the original 3DS-generation, but will use the "new" generation's extra memory to give you enhanced visuals. Basically games will look better if you get a "new" 3DS, but they're still playable on the originals.

And no, there's no "new" 2DS.
>>
>>77261
Thanks, it's all clear now.
>>
Can you still exchange an old 3DS for a new one?
>>
>>77820
I believe Gamestop buys old hardware, but you're not gonna get that trade-in deal that they did when the ~new~ 3DS came out.
>>
File: 1453424466139.jpg (47 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1453424466139.jpg
47 KB, 900x900
>>77820
>>77839

Gamestop repeat trade-in deals sometimes. Particularly on unique days or special times of the year like a holiday or celebrated span of time like spring break. I go by this with the fact that they did a trade-in deal when the N3ds first came out and did the same deal again during the middle of the summer season followed by trade-in deal recently for the winter/Christmas season, a time when I decided to get a trade-in deal for the standalone gold Hyrule chrest 3ds.

It also depends on the region or gamestop store itself too since not all stores host the same deals or sales. You just have to keep an eye out here and there.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.