[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become a better writefag?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
How do I become a better writefag?
>>
What is your problem? Is your writing very low quality or just too slow? Could you provide a sample of your writing for reference?
>>
Join a writing workshop. Get feedback from other writers. Also reading helps. But you have to read differently than you would for pleasure, pay attention to how the writing works in what you read and what you can take from that.
>>
You don't. Writefaggotary is a skill that you're born with.
>>
Practice makes perfect. Practise a lot.
>>
>>77257
No, not really. Like anything, it boils down to how much time and effort you put into it. If you're a limpwristed baby, then yeah, you'll never get anywhere. Some people have the talent for it, but if they've got no motivation to keep writing or passion for what they do, it's ultimately wasted. I've been writing half my life and desu I have virtually no talent for anything, but people seem to extol my writing as fairly good.

>>77159
Find books you like, read them. Look for fellow amateur writefags and study their work as peer writing, learn what doesn't work and what does. Constantly look to everything around you as sources of inspiration or ideas.

Practice dialogue and behaviors/mannerisms by paying attention to people. A lot of folks writing I read constantly comes off as hammy or hard to believe because the dialogue is poor, or near-nonexistent.

Don't be weak-willed, share your work with others and be prepared to take a few hits. Writing is easy to start, but relatively difficult to get to a point where it's considered good or acceptable. People are going to bash your work more often than not. Don't be afraid of criticism and always look for points of critique that you can use to improve your work, regardless of how harsh someone's being.

The last point I can think up is simply to not stop. If you keep writing, applying yourself, reading others' work and desperately searching for ways to improve, you will. Also find a small community of other writers to share your work with, it does help a lot to actually have people read your work, instead of blindly casting it into the abyss of the internet and having no one see it.
>>
>>77703
>filters tb h to desu

wot
>>
>>77705
Learn your filters baka senpai
>>
>>77948
I guess I lurk too much
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.