[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. I'm in need of some tech support. So I want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 06ec7fe9_2411.gif (2 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
06ec7fe9_2411.gif
2 MB, 480x480
Hey guys. I'm in need of some tech support.

So I want to play some old games I found in a box. Setting up Win95 in VertualBox should be doable I gathered. I'm such a noob.
Getting this error message during setup (off of a booting cd I created).

"SUWIN caused a General Protection Fault in module <unknown>0A77:A958à;lSUWIN will close."
>>
>>76728
If they're DOS games, use DOSBOX.
>>
>>76728
If they're Windows games, and if you have some Unix computer around, you might try Wine.
>>
I got it to work, but can't figure out the VBox additions (see pic).
During installation of software that comes with windows it couldn't find some stuff on the CD (mainly .vxd and .dll files), don't know how that's relevant.
>>
>>76803
Guest Additions aren't available for windows versions earlier than 2K. So probably you will have to work with low resolution.
>>
>>76806
Shit, knew I missed something. Any idea how to make it at least workable or should I make a W98 Machine?
>>
>>76809
I don't know how to make it, and creating a W98 machine will return the same result. The only that comes to my mind is using another virtualization software (e.g. VMware) and see if it works better.
>>
>>76821
Also, if that games runs on DOS, DOSbox is a good alternative since it consumes less memory and gives smoother playing.
>>
>>76821
Is that why everyone uses XP with service pack 3? Didn't think that would work since I used to try to play these games on XP and not all of them worked...

>>76823
Only a couple work on DOS. I'm quite familiar with DOSbox, although I never got a full version of Hocus Pocus to work on it. Maybe I'll ask /wsr/ another time.

Thanks for trying to help this fool anyway!
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.