[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Requesting to know which sub group is the best for BD releases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1455818614168.jpg (51 KB, 1024x638) Image search: [Google]
1455818614168.jpg
51 KB, 1024x638
Requesting to know which sub group is the best for
BD releases for anime?

I want to save some files but not sure if 720p or 1080p will actually make a whole lot of difference in visual clarity, especially for BD releases of TV shows.
>>
It literally depends on which shows. Sometimes commie is trash, othertimes they go the extra mile, OZC is almost always the best choice for gundam.
Most of the time TV shows before 2001 will look better 1080p, afterwords in the digipaint era it doesn't really matter as much unless it was sourced in >720.
>>
>>76486
Is 1080p worth it? The file sizes sometimes are too big. Only have about 7-8gb worth of space. Some series' are around 40gb in size.
>>
>>76493
Get external hard drives. 1080 is worth it. If you're aiming for BD quality, might as well go for 1080 too.

Also don't fall for the FLAC meme
>>
>>76507
Oh so a group that does BD-1080p-(notFLAC)? That narrows a whole lot of groups then.

Yeah I have 3 External HDs (4tb, 2tb(old), 1tb(old).
>>
>>76511
You probably might want to use your 4tb then. Maybe get another 4tb on amazon or something. They're cheap. Around 100 bucks or something nowadays. Of course, that's if you're planning on going on an anime downloading spree or something. Otherwise, your single 4tb should be fine for a while
>>
>>76517
I'm actually trying to replace the shows that I've downloaded.

Made up my mind that shows that don't have much action will be 720p, while graphically intensive or favorite ones will be 1080p.

Now just have to find the proper groups.

Thanks again.
>>
Most anime these days are mastered above 720p, so a 1080p BD rip of something recent (last 4-5 years) will actually be worth it if you have the extra space for it. Anything older than, say, 2009 or so is probably going to be an upscale at 1080p. Even remasters.

For subgroups you take what you can get. FFF generally has pretty nice BD encodes, and so does Commie, but I'm not a fan of Commie's translations. Coalgirls tend to be a little bloated, but they've gotten better in recent years. What I recommend is comparing screenshots of different releases (if they're available, you don't always have a choice). If you really care about getting the best video encode, then take the time to compare them.
>>
>>76467
CBM or deanzel for dual audio
Coalgirls for everything else
>>
>>76511
>>76507
Thing about FLAC is that it's impossible to balls it up. It's lossless, so if the input file is the same as the decoded output file, then the job's a good 'un.

There's no opportunity for a shitty encoder to bollocks your audio up, because it's exactly the same as the audio on the BD.
>>
>>76641
Aren't Coalgirls really bloated though?
>>
>>76522
VCB-S does very high quality encodes in 1080 and 720 by using very refined techniques. They are a chinese release group though so you'd have to add your own english subs.
>>
>>76653
Unless you have literally no HDD space, it's not a problem
>>76767
Their UBW release already had retail English subs
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.