[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /wsr/ amateur coder here! Can you spare some time to ch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Hey /wsr/ amateur coder here!

Can you spare some time to check out my website?

richardspeight.com
>>
>>75799
>richardspeight.com
your css could use some work. the navigation tabs on the hub are a little bit awkward.

I would consider changing the layout so that you don't even need the hub page itself. i.e. integrate the nav into all the pages so that you can get anywhere from anywhere.

Fonts are a little bland, and you may want to work on the color scheme

I'm being very critical. overall i think the site is good, but i just thought i'd give as much advice as i can

good luck and nice website :)
>>
>>75799
Good, bit harse
Id recommend looking at googles material design guide
>>
>>75842
Fuck that.

Material Design is a fad invented by Fisher Price.

It's the Comic Sans of design.
>>
File: ux-1 DjW5ayei-ssx.gif (3 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ux-1 DjW5ayei-ssx.gif
3 MB, 800x600
>>75857
material design is intended to make websites more consistent (responsive) to all devices.
>>
>>75842
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrT6v5sOwJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8TXgCzxEnw
>>
>>75799
Pretty good, just make the main home page have more info. Also, its a little too black. Maybe make it brighter as it more attractive? Idk

But its your personal website so its upto you
>>
>>75884
Yeah, consistently looking like a children's toy covered in hieroglyphics.

If your customers are old enough to read, Material Design is not for you.
>>
>>75857
No, old iOS is the fisher price of design. Everything looks like Tonka.
>>
File: site.png (309 KB, 1600x848) Image search: [Google]
site.png
309 KB, 1600x848
>>75799
Hope I'm not being too critical, but here's some points:
1. You reserve space for text on the left/right here but then consistently don't use it: I'd say its better to not reserve it or use it (but check 7 first)
2. A bit too little contrast on the text. Also the buttons look kind of 1995, maybe change the border to something non-bezel. Also some padding below them might look nicer
3. Wallpaper visibly stops there, you could either make it larger or tilable to fix this
4. Logo is really boring imo, maybe ask /gd/
5/6. These is waay to much spacing here. Especially visible on the other pages.
7. On 'achievement', the text is waaay to wide.
See motherfuckingwebsite.com (seriously) for some elementary hints on text/contrast/spacing.
8. Black on white on black on white (...) can make distinguishing elements, maybe try doing some shades or colors instead

As for the source
- Don't use "style" in html tags, use classes and set styling in the css
- Numbered lists normally go in [code]<ol>[/code] tags so that you don't have to specify the numbers yourself.
- Video tag is missing a space
- Some images are broken/not available

Good luck!
>>
>>75799
... it feels 2nineties4me.

Black text on dark grey looks kinda... I don't know, cheap.
The button-like links feel really, really, really old.
If your greatest accomplishment in life is writing some poor HTML... well, what can I say? I'm sorry? Anyway, just pirate HTML, XHTML and CSS All-In-One For Dummies... or maybe even HTML5 and CSS3 All-in-One For Dummies by now... and you'll be much more capable in a time much smaller than the one you're talking about.

The part that irks me more than anything about your site though, is how you're giving my information to google just because. Why would you fucking be using google analytics? You can use your own fucking analytics suite without having to let google know every person that has visited your site.
>>
Not bad. But I recommend removing the "Phineas and Ferb"-styled background. You know, the triangles.
Be kind enough to put a "back" or "home" link in your dc.html while it's still unfinished. Not for me, but for the regular old idiots who can't use the back button on their browser.

Also, the word "coder" needs to die. You are a web designer who just happens to type HTML by hand.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.