[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This problem turned up about a month ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: video-1459911657.webm (2 MB, 368x656) Image search: [Google]
video-1459911657.webm
2 MB, 368x656
I don't know a ton about tech, I do know my power supply is a little on the low side for what i have, 500W, but Ive had these same specs for a year, is the power supply just dying? its the oldest piece of hardware i have
When my computer wants to turn on, it stays on as long as I am actively using it, then when the power goes off it goes into this state

System Specs
Gigabyte Z97X-SLI
i5 4690k 4CPU ~3.5GHz
GTX 9604gb vid ram
16gb ram
And windows 10, which ive not had problems with the entire time Ive had it

TL:DR
What the fuck is wrong with my computer
>>
Bump, Really need help
>>
>>96846
Gonna need a little more detail OP.
> it stays on as long as I am actively using it
Do you mean so long as youre moving the mouse or pressing a key on your keyboard? What do you mean by this?

It looks like youre stuck in a boot loop.

Do you have a motherboard speaker? Is it beeping? If so, check the beep codes. But if theres no beep code, see below.

Have you tried clearing your CMOS yet? Does your motherboard have a dual BIOS or an option to flash your BIOS?
If the CMOS doesnt work, try flashing/switching the BIOS if you can.

If that doesnt work, is your power button on your case sticking
If this doesnt work, try reseating all of your components.

If that doesnt work, you're gonna have a lot of fun.
What youre gonna wanna do is remove parts until you can determine what the faulty part is.
Firstly, unplug ALL hard drives from both the powersupply and your motherboard. Also unplug any front panel connectors (i.e.USB2 USB3, audio etc.) just have the CPU, GPU, RAM and a monitor and keyboard plugged into your motherboard.

Start by removing your graphics card and plug your monitor into your onboard graphics. Does this work? If yes, graphics card is fucked, if not, we have to go deeper.

Remove all but one stick of RAM. Check your motherboard manual if theres a main RAM slot. Once found, put one stick of RAM into that slot. If it works, you have either faulty RAM or RAM slots. If not, swap out that stick for another. If all the sticks dont work, check if the motherboard doesnt have a main RAM slot (i.e. you can plug it into any slot and it will work), then repeat this process with all slots.

Once we've gotten to this point, troubleshooting is going to be a pain, you may need to buy a really cheap 1150 CPU to test if its the CPU or not, but they're not that expensive.

(TBC)
>>
>>96866
(CTD)

If the system still doesnt work, you have two paths, the quick way and the cheap way.

For the cheap way, RMA your motherboard, it should still have some warranty left on it and then test with the replacement, if it still doesnt work, then its the power supply.

The quick way is to buy a new PSU and try rebuilding the tower. If it still doesnt work, RMA your motherboard.

Ask any questions that you need.
>>
>>96849
I'm the same guy from >>96866
Just noticed, is your graphics card not in the top PCI-e 16x slot? That might be an issue as well.
>>
>>96866
I do have a motherboard speaker, it is not beeping, I have not tried clearing my CMOS, the power button is not sticking, Like I said its not the ram or the slots, its a whole lot of fun trying to figure this out, not really, But thank you, In order to actually check my bios on anything I have to reboot and that usually ends up with me waiting anywhere from 2 minutes to 3 hours of my computer struggling with this, in which I have all night
>>
>>96889
Hey, maybe I can help you out. I've seen faulty RAM cause bootloop issues so I'd try removing the ram and only putting one stick back in.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.