[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /a/ told me to stop using VLC and use MPC instead and I downloaded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5
File: 1432880879454.jpg (54 KB, 530x527) Image search: [Google]
1432880879454.jpg
54 KB, 530x527
So /a/ told me to stop using VLC and use MPC instead and I downloaded that but it doesn't automatically load japanese subs, I have to select them manually with every new episode I watch.

How do i set MPC to automatically load the english subtitles?
>>
>>96355
If you use Mpc-hc, the subtitles should be loaded automatically, provided that they are incorporated into the video (.mkv)
or present in the video's folder (unzipped, and with the same name as the video).
If they're in the video's folder, you can add the language (or write anything) in their name to differentiate them.
I.E:
1)If you want to watch "Wsr.mkv", which has an embedded "Neustrian-Frankish" and "Lillooet" subs, opening it on MPC-hc will automatically use the first embedded subtitle (here, Neustrian-Frankish).
>You can right-click and enable/disable subs in "subtitle tracks" and choose different subs in the same place.
>If the subs still don't load, check that "ignore embedded subtitles" is unticked in "Options">"Subtitles">"Misc"

2)If you want to watch "Wsr.mp4", without any embedded subs, you can put your own subs (.srt, .ass, or any other .sub format) on the same folder.
To differenciate them, you can name them "Wsr.Nipponese.sub" "Wsr.Portuñol.ass" "Wsr.0-myownsubs.srt".

3)If you want to watch "Wsr.avi", without any embedded subs, and you don't have subs.
In the Menu (top-left), click "File", then "Subtitle database", then "Download" (or google them).

4)It's possible to use more than one subtitle by using an external filter (in the options) such as "Ffdshow subtitles filter" and to freely place them anywhere with some tweaking.
>>
File: Capture.png (221 KB, 797x518) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
221 KB, 797x518
>>96355
Is it just pure MPC? Or do you have madVR and xysubfilter with it?
It should normally just load automatically so not sure why it isn't for you. Anyways, try just doing pic related.
If you are using xysubfilter make sure you installed it properly and selected it in the output section of the menu under "subtitle renderer".
>>
File: Capture.png (28 KB, 646x488) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
28 KB, 646x488
>>96462
Here is a pic in case you didn't quite get it. Though if you are just using the internal renderer that is also fine.
>>
File: 1435393437873.png (24 KB, 331x286) Image search: [Google]
1435393437873.png
24 KB, 331x286
>>96462
>>96464
I already set it to preference Eng in the media player but apparently you had to set it to english in the splitter too.

Anyways, the subtitles load automatically now. Thank you!
>>
>>96465
Your welcome anon.
>>
>>96466
You're*
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.