[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jobs ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Hip hop trump.jpg (146 KB, 956x510) Image search: [Google]
Hip hop trump.jpg
146 KB, 956x510
Does anyone know any jobs that judge you based on your work and not appearance ? I have piercings and tattoos and am not asking for a consensus on your opinion about them, but am wondering what kind of jobs are based on appearance alone.
>>
>>74846
Call center.
>>
Any job where you have to wear a uniform will probably not hire you if you have tattoos and piercings that are visible while wearing the uniform. I say probably, because I've seen some exceptions. It's just not a good bet.

If you work in a place where you don't interact with customers or "represent" the company in any way, they generally don't care what you look like. Warehouse jobs, programming jobs, etc.
>>
You could probably be a warehouse worker.
>>
>>74866
Programmer doesn't sound bad, and they make decent money too.
>>
>>74866
That being said, certain kinds of security will like you if you look like a frightening shiteater.
>>
>>74846
barman
>>
>>75438
If it's night security at a warehouse or like a bouncer job, yeah I could see that. But like a security guard at a nice company where you sit at a desk and everybody sees you when they first walk in? No way.
>>
>>74846
Any form of telesales role, also programmers tend to be allowed very very lenient clothing rules.

Depends mostly on what the senior management think to be honest - I've worked in companies with strict senior management that hate tattoos and would be prejudiced whereas I've seen others that would likely actually give you an increased chance of a hire with tattoos because they want to be seen as more socially open
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.