[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with project...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
1 of 3...

Heya WSR,

I plan on having a special knife made soon and if it turns out well I'll most likely order a few more. What will be special about the knife ( and the others that might follow ) is the image. It is the pic related but I want to change it up a bit. I still want the bear centered but I'd like to have the text "SC/OUT/DOORSMAN" or "SC/OUT/DOORSMEN" as the border instead of the black circle. I'd imagine it would work like chasing arrows: the text covers the top half of the circle, followed by a dot, followed by the text again which is followed by another dot.

My big problem is I can't do the computer artwork myself. My main computer no longer functions ( It lived a good life, almost 10 years ) and my replacement options were limited to cheap netbooks. I'm hoping somebody can make the images for me.
>>
The knives I plan on having the work done to are Opinel No8 knives. Pic related; and will be gifts for a few friends on /out/ if the first one turns out well. I need the image to be tailored to fit on the handle.
>>
I guess I ran out of thought; I had a phonecall that derailed my thinking but I think I got out the majority of what I had in mind. Thanks in advance for the help!
>>
>>72826
you want it as a stencil, BW?
>>
File: oh shit it's a bear.png (240 KB, 2001x2018) Image search: [Google]
oh shit it's a bear.png
240 KB, 2001x2018
>>72826
>>
>>72840
I'm not really sure what I would need to do or ask you to do. They will laser-burn the image onto the handle ( they can also do that on the blade ) and I suppose whatever makes it easier for them to do that is the best option. I suppose that means a stencil makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>72854
You did a super job with that! Can I ask you to do that same thing as a stencil and ( if possible but you don't need to ) space out the lettering a little bit more? Thanks a lot for all of your work thus far!
>>
File: stencil.png (120 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
stencil.png
120 KB, 1800x1800
>>72857
>>
>>72872
I'll try to space out the letters more
>>
>>72872
That was super quick! >.> You guys at /wsr/ managed to do that in less than a minute after me asking! Thank you for doing it.

I don't mean to nitpick either but is it possible to seemingly center the bear/table a bit more? It might require shrinking the center image down a bit but it looks like the dot on the right is a bit close to the table.
>>
File: stencil.png (125 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
stencil.png
125 KB, 1800x1800
>>72875
I tried moving the bear, I'll try making another with the bear centered and the table stretched a bit.
>>
(not op) out of curiosity, how did you get such a clean copy from the source image? looks nice
>>
File: stretched.png (142 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
stretched.png
142 KB, 1800x1800
>>72877
>>
>>72878
I didn't, I reverse image searched OP's picture and found this: http://outpatch.tictail.com/product/3-patch
>>
>>72877
>>72879
Well you did an amazing job. You put anything I could have done with my old computer to shame.

Thank you for everything; Once I get the knife made I'll be sure to post a pic of it on here for you guys so you can see how your efforts turned /out/
>>
>>72880
I think I saw where the source op came from but man that's a heck of a lot better

saved for future ideas

>>72882
it should look pretty cool
>>
>>72882
I hope I'll be here to see it! How long will it take more or less?
>>
>>72854
I don't mean to be needy but is it possible to give the lettering on this image the same treatment you did for both >>72877
and >>72879 ? It is mostly just because I'm curious as to how it would look even though I think I'll be submitting the stencil variants and seeing if they can place them on the knives.
>>
>>72884
No clue; but I'll put the order in either tomorrow or next Thursday ( depending on if I get paid tomorrow or thursday ) and they should arrive sometime after that.
>>
>>72885
Give me a second
>>
File: not a stencil.png (253 KB, 2001x2001) Image search: [Google]
not a stencil.png
253 KB, 2001x2001
>>72885
>>
>>72889
Thank you very much; and thank you to the other anon(s) who also participated in this thread. I believe I'll actually get a few velcro patches made out of >>72854 or the spaced letter version being made by >>72889. After looking at both the regular and stretched stencil I've come to really like >>72877 and think that it is the one I will be submitting to Opinel.
>>
>>72890
Nice job, I really like how you spaced out the lettering on that. Can we center the bear though the way you did for >>72877 if possible? I know I've taken up a lot of /wsr/ anon's time tonight but you guys do such wonderful work.
>>
not a stencil.png
253 KB, 2001x2001
>>72896
Here you go! If there's anything else just ask.
>>
>>72901
I think this is just about perfect, it still seems a little close to the right but I'm thinking that might just be my eyes and I'm really happy with the quality of the work you all have put in.
>>
>>72902
No worries, I'll move it a little more.
>>
not a stencil.png
253 KB, 2001x2001
>>72902
Should be good now
>>
>>72904
Thank you. On a slightly different topic should I be concerned that, upon saving the stencil, I'm unable to view it when looking at it as a file in my Chromebook? It shows the thumbnail but when I open it to view it all I see is the black background.

>>72906
This is perfection. Saved it!
>>
>>72908
Png files have an alpha channel. Sometimes the trasparent pixels are shown as black with outdated imageviewer, if you can open it normally with your browser then it's ok. Try saving it and posting it back in this thread. If there's no funky business going on, it should be the same.
>>
>>72911
It is telling me I can't post it because a duplicate file exists in the thread. I renamed the image with the same result.
>>
>>72913
Whoops, I forgot about that.
Post it here >>72865
That thread is fucking garbage, remember to sage.
>>
>>72920
Worked perfectly; thanks anon.

Sort of sad I just bought my chromebook and the imageviewer is outdated.
>>
>>72924
It probably isn't the chromebook. I don't know what you're using, or what OS you have, but there are good imageviewers on the internet. Just google it and get a working one, or update the one you have.
You're welcome!
>>
>>72925
Using Chromium, the default OS. Either way I'm super satisfied.

I hope to hear from you guys when I come back to show you pictures of how the first knife ( and patch ) turned out!
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.