[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Network Adapter Win10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: marvell3.jpg (28 KB, 584x315) Image search: [Google]
marvell3.jpg
28 KB, 584x315
After installing windows 10 my internet was around 30mbps. I already tried different drivers for Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller and now i have the speed i should have (http://prntscr.com/9gyszr) but my connection its a bit unstable. Any tips?
>>
>>6878
how long is your lan cable?
>>
Around 15 meters i guess.
>>
>>6885
did you experience unstable scanrios before?
is the unstable connection solely depended on your lan connection/computer and not your router/modem?
are there certain functions enabled on your bios which might modify the protocol stack of your network settings?

you might try a bios update aswell.
>>
>>6897
I had some issues before and i even called my ISP and they told me to install Driver Booster. I tried it but this time its not working. When i run the speedtest on my laptop i dont have those spikes. And the only think i changed on my bios was the fast boot.
>>
>>6909
you might try to grab a w-lan stick if your modem is w-lan capable, since most wlan sticks usualy have their own drivers which operate on your cpu and you don't have to rely on your network chip anymore to see if the problem is still caused by your controller which is embedded on your mainboard
>>
>>6916
i dont have a w-lan stick. This is weird, i made a test and the speed was constant but the other test after was again inconstant
>>
>>6916
ok. i understand now your speaking about spikes.

could it be that someone else is using your home network?

spikes can happen as a cause of electromagnetic interference aswell. maybe you bought a new coffe machine or any other electronic device for christmas?

you should also check if the spikes you get are also happening on your modem. internet tests like you pointed out are unreliable

most modems or router feature a GUI which you can access through your browser. you should check your network statistics if you encounter any interferences
>>
>>6951
Could the cause be a tv?
And another weird thing is that sometimes i cant access my router console through the browser. It says that its blocked to wifi network even though im connected with a cable
>>
>>6968
yeah a tv is also a magnetic field which might interupt the cable if it is weakly isolated or has any cuts and breaks.

now you say you sometimes can't access it.. this sounds really dangerous. someone might hacked your router. you might try to hardware reset it and set up your router again if you know how to
>>
Go to your mainboards download website and just get the old Win7/8 driver.
>>
>>7000
Everytime i cant access it, i need to restart the router manualy and then i have access.
I can reset the router but i dont know if i have to do something after or it just starts working as normal by itself.
>>
>>7023
if you reset the router, it usually requires your isp login but you might just enable a password on it or disable wi-fi capabilities if you don't access it on wifi anyway to eliminate this possibility.
>>
File: dc.png (133 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dc.png
133 KB, 400x400
>
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.