[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone give me a few anime where the MC is a badass? I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: 1446705391911.gif (636 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
1446705391911.gif
636 KB, 500x545
Can anyone give me a few anime where the MC is a badass? I have been watching moe and legit harem-comedy anime for the past month and my testosterone levels are almost in the negative zone. Help me bump them up with anime that gets the gears on and iron pumping. I'm sick of seeing beta MCs being pushed around by women and bullies
>>
Sword Art Online
Tenga Toppa Gurren Laggan
One Punch Man
Gangsta
K: Return of Kings

In no particular order.
>>
One Punch Man seems like the obvious recommendation here.
>>
>>6653
>Sword Art Online
Kek
>>
>>6653
Some weird choices there. Gangsta's a great rec though.
>>
>>6653
Seen all but OPM and K: Return of the kings (isn't that a sequel to something?)
Gangsta was pretty good

>>6657
Wasn't too bad, it was alright
>>
>>6653
>Sword Art Online

No he's not.
>>
File: 1439874572701.png (296 KB, 334x731) Image search: [Google]
1439874572701.png
296 KB, 334x731
>>6648
I'm not well versed in MANime so here's something.

Berserk
Jojo
Fists of the North Star
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Hajime no Ippo
Cromartie High School
Golden Boy
Yu Yu Hakusho
[spoiler]Evangelion[/spoiler]

Alternativley, browse /fit/ for about a month.
>>
>>6657
only fulfilling a request, bub :^)

>>6658
off the top of my head, tbqh

>>6662
watch one punch man, ya dummy. it's the best show of the season by far.

also, Dragon Ball super is nice if you like Dragon Ball

>>6668
Look here, Nice Guy, Kirito is certainly OP as all crap. He even has hacks. Don't gimmie that garbage just because you don't like it because you are a supreme anime poster.

gb2a. /a/ posters ruin nice boards
>>
>>6676
Dragon Ball Super is shit. Toriyama has gone senile.
>>
>>6662
>K: Return of the kings (isn't that a sequel to something?)

Yes. There's a first season and the movie, then Return of Kings is the third thing. The movie and Return of Kings are a lot better than the first season but the first season has some important hard stuff so it's awkward to recommend, because it's not all that great for a while but then gets great. The protagonist is also a bit beta in S1, but that changes.
>>
>>6648
Outlaw Star
>>
onii-sama and beelzebub have a badass mc
>>
>>6685
still fun for me to watch

also, please don't use rude words on this work safe board, thanks
>>
>>6702
>>6676
Hello underage.
>>
>>6676
Just because a character is powerful does not make him a badass. His powers are strong but he is a weak, emotional woman of a man(actually a teenager).
>>
>>6648
Hellsing (especially Hellsing Ultimate)
One Punch Man (manga is better)
Berserk (not the movies)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
>>
>>6785
Didn't he actually turn into a girl at some point?
>>
>>6805
>>6655
>>6653
I don't see how Satiama is a badass. He's pretty apathetic and eccentric but he doesn't really come off as cool
>>
>>6809
He got a very feminine male avatar through a glitch in one of the MMOs he played. Best glitch ever if you ask me.
>>
>>6813
Same
He doesn't care, but that doesn't make him badass either
Alucard from hellsing is the definition of badass
>>
>>6813
He does when he goes into serious face mode, which happens a fair amount throughout the show. Plus, Genos is a pretty prevalent deuteragonist and that guy is just badass all the time.
>>
File: img000020.jpg (673 KB, 1720x1236) Image search: [Google]
img000020.jpg
673 KB, 1720x1236
>>6813
>not watching OPM for best rider
>>
File: 1390629477565.png (134 KB, 372x334) Image search: [Google]
1390629477565.png
134 KB, 372x334
>control+f
>No Akagi or One Outs
>>
>>6648
I know just the anime for you:
Hague Yuusha no Estetica
Seriously, the MCis alpha as fuck
>>
>>6672
>cromartie high school

At what point does he even do anything badass?
>>
File: haruhi.png (110 KB, 253x253) Image search: [Google]
haruhi.png
110 KB, 253x253
MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA
>>
>>6648
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

Also looking for these kinds of anime. Have watched everything listed so far.
>>
>>6817
Wasn't a glitch. It was a body type given to new players for having a large amount of hours logged on their VR device or something.
>>
Gangsta comes to mind

Also, Log Horizon, although he doesn't have the 'I'm gonna fuck everything up' kind of badass, but rather 'I don't even need to lift a finger and you're all gonna be my bitch' kind of badass
>>
>>6648
OP

since you said you've seen all of >>6653 's list.

I'm going to go out on a not so strong limb and go with some more recent not as acclaimed stuff. What about Overlord or Irregular HS?
>>
Desert Punk
>>
School Rumble
>>
>>6648
Code Geass
Yu Yu Hakusho
Death Note (Stop after ep. 25, it goes downhill)
Persona 3 Movie (I recommend playing the game)
>>
>>6686
Second season has garbage animation and Shiro doesnt do enough
>>
>>6672
>Evangelion
No.
>>
Every shonen ever?
>>
Hellsing Ultimate.
Berserk.
Gurren Lagann.
Death Note.
Code Geass.
Cowboy Bebop.
One Outs.
Akagi.
Shiki.
Afro Samurai.

Just a few from the top of my head. I'll make another post if I can remember more.
>>
>>6648
Well define what you're looking for. Do you want someone who starts off badass or someone with character development who turns into a badass? And does badass mean that they can't be "good" people or do you want mindless killing machines?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.