[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So trigger warnings are the root of all evil. Yet spoilers and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: 74.gif (499 KB, 345x247) Image search: [Google]
74.gif
499 KB, 345x247
So trigger warnings are the root of all evil. Yet spoilers and NSFW warnings are strictly adhered to because reasons.

OK then.
>>
>>83553
Elaborate further.
>>
File: 83.gif (2 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
83.gif
2 MB, 360x203
>>83555
There is a lot of poo being flung about trigger warnings being unhelpful and coddling, yet the rationale behind such criticism is totally weak in the first place. We're not talking mere offense with trigger warnings either, which is the common belief among the detractors. We're talking full-on can't sleep for days for fear of the nightmares types of triggers. That they are unreasonable is the common mantra of the alt-righty.

So the purpose of those [trigger warnings] is to enable the person to protect their self when the content may effect [memories of their past traumas.]

So the purpose of those [NSFW tags] is to enable the person to protect their self when the content may effect [the loss of their job.]

So the purpose of those [spoiler warnings] is to enable the person to protect their self when the content may effect [their enjoyment of some entertainment.]

Yet those who advocate for trigger warnings are essentially spit upon.
>>
>>83561
Give me some context, on which board does all of this happen?
>>
File: triggered.png (78 KB, 987x494) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
78 KB, 987x494
Trigger warnings and spoiler warnings are inherently at cross purposes - the purpose of a trigger warning is to spoil particular aspects of a work.

People who advocate for trigger warnings and encouraging trigger avoidance work against the common treatment for PTSD, which is controlled exposure to triggers.

Lastly, as literally anything can act as a trigger to a given individual, demands for trigger avoidance are ultimately endless and impossible to satisfy, see pic related.

Hope that helps.
>>
there is no such thing as a nsfw warning. NSFW content is banned on SFW boards period, using spoiler tags to hide it is not allowed, just a common way the rule is broken.

trigger warnings are not the worst thing ever, but they are yet another in a long line of stupid self-censorship that people want pushed on the internet. this is an 18+ website. if you have a stress reaction so bad that simply reading about something sets you off, YOU SHOULD NOT BE HERE. asking for trigger warnings on 4chan is like walking into an arcade and ask that all the flashing lights be shut off because it sets off your epilepsy.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x250
>>83553
Request or GTFO, please.

There are plenty of other boards where this conversation would be on-topic.
>>
>>83574
>NSFW content is banned on SFW boards period
Note that the definition of NSFW used by 4chan differs greatly from the definition used by Facebook.

No, really, note this, or you'll be rehashing a battle /a/ and Hiro had with moot's old moderation team three months ago. Lulz were had, but let's not do that again.
>>
>>83561
I think that trigger warnings aren't really that important, you are a big guy, you should grow a thick-skin if you haven't already. Also spoilers and nsfw warnings are never used seriously here. who the fuck comes here while on the job? A lot of loyalty, for someone that should be working, no?
In the end I think none of them should exist, or was enforcing trigger warnings part of your plan?

Go ask >>>/qa/, they know better than me.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.