[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help! My brain hurts!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Can b do it.jpg (173 KB, 937x960) Image search: [Google]
Can b do it.jpg
173 KB, 937x960
Saw this image posted earlier and I can't for the life of me figure out how to solve this. It seems easy but gets really complex fast : /
>>
>>83481
What in the fuck is that even saying?

Why is the answer not just 3^6?
>>
>>83486
What it's saying is consider every variable to be a separate thing that has two options that are mutually exclusive. Like let's say one variable is color, and the two states are red/green, another is flavor, and it's chocolate and vanilla, another is shape, triangle and square, etc. etc. You can have just a combination that is "Red" or "green" or "triangle" or "square", etc. etc. You can also have two variables together like "red triangle" and "red square" and "red chocolate" and "red vanilla", and naturally even with two variables you can't have "red red" and "green green" and "Red triangle" is the same as "triangle red". You can have between one to six different specifiers.
>>
>>83488
Also, should have mentioned you can't have "red green", so "red green square" or "red red square" is not a valid combination.
>>
File: tumblr_lxwpxtDicl1r5atfd[1].jpg (19 KB, 460x258) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxwpxtDicl1r5atfd[1].jpg
19 KB, 460x258
>>83488
>>83486
Okay, so the answer is just 3^6, and this was a really weird and dumb way of obfuscating it.

Each variable can have one of three states: Banana, Testicle, or Not-Present.

That's 3.

There's 6 of them, so that's "^6^.

There are 729 possible answers, unless "" isn't allowed (the problem statement is *gasp* ambiguous about this), in which case there are 728.

I expected better from you, Kuristina.
>>
>>83494
Huh, yeah, I guess since direction doesn't matter, that makes sense. Never thought to consider "not present" as a state XD. Thanks man, that was breaking my brain for no reason apparently lol
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.