[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommended Android applications (template)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 13
File: Untitled.jpg (146 KB, 700x819) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
146 KB, 700x819
Hello, I would like to produce an infrographic that contains a list expressing what I believe to be the best Android apps for each app category.

I just want it really simple and straightforward. Bare minimum polish. I'm not attempting to 'wow' people with how sexy the image looks. I just want it to not look like shit.
A major point is that the list will be expanded upon over time, so don't let the main stage get too restrained.

There's to be a header - Recommended Android applications
A sub-heading giving full-transparency on the intention of the infographic.

The list is to be split into two sections: open-source software and proprietary software.
The section with the apps will have the app icon with accompanying text naming the app, and another bit of text explaining the category (e.g. image viewer).

Additional comments: how about a rich dark colour for the background, user-friendly shade of black. The choice of font, the colour, size, and where it's placed is a major part of making this not look like shit. Maybe a different coloured sheet for the sub-sections to rest on? No additonal dressing necessary unless it doesn't look right. The design should avoid not be unfriendly. Don't make the list especially convuluted. The content isn't especially thoughtful, and the presentation style should reflect that. Less is more.

>crude template pic attached
>>
File: Top Android apps.png (76 KB, 340x785) Image search: [Google]
Top Android apps.png
76 KB, 340x785
I will cooperate with whoever wishes to design this in their choices and suggestions.
>>
Bump. Is no one willing to produce a template for me?
>>
File: faggot.jpg (1 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
1 MB, 2480x3508
You're giving graphic designers too much credit. The niggers don't deserve it.

Here. Just took a free black pattern for the background, used the colorize tool bit to turn it purpleish, and then applied the very same colors you used in your OP pic (other than the title ones), but as a gradient instead of just 3 plain colors. I then made all the backgrounds 50% transparent, and gave the non-title boxes a bit of a shadow (by selecting the area they cover, painting it with white, blurring it, moving it 30px right-bottom, and erasing the area of the boxes from the shadow).

You take care of the list of apps. I won't be making an infographic with apps I haven't used, and even if I did, I sure as fuck wouldn't go hunting for icons.

Also, png (almost 6MB):
https://a.pomf.cat/honlla.png
>>
faggot.jpg
1 MB, 2480x3508
>>82431
Ah. Fuck. Wait, forgot to change the title.

png. By the way, pomf says you're a cuqckx, OP:
https://a.pomf.cat/cuqckx.png
>>
faggot.jpg
1 MB, 2480x3508
>>82433
... I noticed it's missing delimiters though, so I added some. As this list >>82028 says it's 14 for one and 15 for the other, I added 15 spaces in 5x3 sets per box, leaving some space at the top for a small title.

png:
https://a.pomf.cat/pxdokk.png
>>
File: Discloser.png (140 KB, 560x845) Image search: [Google]
Discloser.png
140 KB, 560x845
I appreciate very much you taking the effort, but I don't like it desu.
Not that it really matters, but I know a better-looking template can be made.
The first thing people will think when seeing your design will be "what was he trying to do with this".
I don't want to be seen as an asshole, but what other way could I put it.

On another note, I've written some text that will be the discloser, but have yet to compress it all down into a paragraph or two. Here is what it will read like more-or-less.

I've retrieved the icons as well. Will upload them shortly when I find a good file sharing site.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-19-02-13-40.png (15 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-19-02-13-40.png
15 KB, 480x854
>>82455
I said 'to be honest', but it was changed to 'desu'.

>pic related is an example of the rich dark colour I was thinking of before.
>>
File: faggot.png (63 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
63 KB, 2480x3508
>>82455
Sure. w/e.

Have a completely black on white one, then. You can apply colors and patterns easily through making transparencies out of colors, because there's only 2 of them (except the text's shadow).
>>
File: faggot.png (78 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
78 KB, 2480x3508
>>82457
>>
File: LesserPad.png (3 KB, 72x72) Image search: [Google]
LesserPad.png
3 KB, 72x72
>>82473
It doesn't need the halo around the top text for a start.
While the previous one was too flashy, this one is too plain.
You know, my crude template above - the only purpose of it was to showcase the general structure. The purple colour was just me throwing on any old colour.
>pic related, one of the icons
>>
>>82473
It's like the text is saying "BANG confidence, this list is ALL THAT", when I want it to convey "look here's the truth of the matter" but not in a boring way.

You on Telegram btw, I could communicate with you in real time on there.
>>
File: faggot.png (40 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
40 KB, 2480x3508
>>82477
Then have this one without the shadow >>82469

>>82479
This is the last one I'm making for you.

Again, you just need color selection or color transparency tools to quickly apply whatever you want on it, as it's just two colors.
>>
File: template-1.jpg (247 KB, 1280x1500) Image search: [Google]
template-1.jpg
247 KB, 1280x1500
I started making my own one. It's going pretty well, but I'm worried about representing what I had in mind originally. When you aren't able to produce good graphics work, then you start compromising, and the whole thing transforms into something different from the original vision, but you accept it as it has turned out because you've done some mental gymnastics to get to here.

Suggestions are very welcome and encouraged. Especially related to font suggestions. I would prefer to use an unlicensed font if possible. Can anyone suggest one?
>>
File: Snap.png (4 KB, 72x72) Image search: [Google]
Snap.png
4 KB, 72x72
I was able to extract png files of all the icons I needed with the exception of one - Snap Camera. I have an old icon for the Snap gallery, but not the camera itself. If someone could share it, I would be appreciative.
>>
One last bump for the road
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.