[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's something I'd want your opinion on /g/. Years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2
File: huehuehue.gif (1 MB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
huehuehue.gif
1 MB, 800x533
There's something I'd want your opinion on /g/.

Years ago, I left my parents my old desktop. they still use and and it's been several years since it was last upgraded. even youtube won't start now. my mom wants it to play mass effect (she's a sucker for old scifi and decided it's up her alley after reading about it).

it's got asrock G41C-GS mobo (socket 775, PCI-E 16x 1.1) and I want to give it as much as it can use. To keep the cost as low as possible we're not touching the mobo or the power supply (400W). She's staying with x32 win7.

I'm thinking:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3,0GHz
AMD ATI Radeon HD 6450 512mb
add another 2gb ram stick (x86 system won't recognize more anyway)

total cost: equivalent of ~65 bucks, dirt cheap. Can you get more power for that?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>6240
>Can you get more power for that
Why yes, yes I can.

http://www.delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/

Also Windows can't access the RAM that's in the MMIO space, but almost all of the "use your RAM as a disk cache even though Windows already does this" apps can. Might as well use one seeing as the RAM's just sitting there.
>>
>>6240
Oh, also, a legitimate x86 Windows 7 license is also valid for Windows 7 x64. Alls you have to do is download the distribution media and install it with your product key.

You're also entitled to the free Windows 10 upgrade. Windows 10 is newer and better, and is only maligned by human centipads. Its EULA and privacy policy is no worse than that of Steam, iOS, or Google Play.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.