[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey, I'm new to anime, I've watched some of the action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: best anime.png (112 KB, 398x422) Image search: [Google]
best anime.png
112 KB, 398x422
hey, I'm new to anime, I've watched some of the action type ones and liked it but i want to try something a little more laid back and that could make me laugh and also give me some feels. so got any suggestions
bones points for it having some qt 3,14
>>
File: this one.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
this one.jpg
180 KB, 1920x1080
>>79842
Was gonna post this in your /a/ thread;

"My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU"

Do not let the retarded title fool you. It's a laid-back highschool setting with a misanthropic, smartass protagonist forced to interact with his peers in a school club dedicated to helping people solve problems. Starts very laid back, sustains a great lulz-to-feels ratio, and contains, imo, satisfying character arcs.

I do not know why the title is so bad. Despite being set in a high school it does not devolve into "notice me, senpai" awfulness/cliches.
>>
Welcome to the NHK is cozy, funny and definitely will make you a bit sad at parts. It might be a little too "Japanese" for a newcomer though.
>>
>>79842
These should give you a nice mix of everything you was asking for.

Toradora
Clannad
Angel Beats
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Hataraku Maou-sama
Inou-Battle
>>
>>79843
thanks, will look in to
>>
>>79843
>I do not know why the title is so bad
Because it is a LN adaptation. They usually have long silly titles because there are so many LNs in Japan they use it to give a quick synopsis without even reading the blurb.
>>
>>79843
If you didn't use the English title maybe it'd be less retarded.
>>
File: 1435712167711.png (342 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1435712167711.png
342 KB, 394x394
>>79843
>>79851
Also, anon above you said Angel Beats--I wanted to warn you that my assessment of Angel Beats concludes that it has lots of laughs and lots of feels, but they're not at all blended together. The first half is really funny, the second half is fucking criminally sad.

If that's fine, Angel Beats is a good one for you. It also has more than a little action--big swords and explosions--if you're not ready to try completely non-battle anime. Personally, I watched it 85% through, because I was not ready to confront the issue of my own mortality.
>>
K-ON!
The first season is typical slice of life, but season 2 gets pretty feelsy.
>>
>>79853
Didn't know that, but it makes sense. Thanks, anon.

>>79862
Good point, but would it really be less retarded just because I couldn't understand it?
If a tard shrieks in the middle of nowhere, and no one's around to hear it, is he still retarded?
>>
>>79869
What I mean is, the English title is terrible. There is no "SNAFU" in the original. The original roughly translates to, "My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong, as I Expected."
And the nice thing is that the Japanese title has an official shortening: Oregairu.
>>
>>79864
It's also a shit show, you'd be better off watching monthly girls or Tsuritama, or really any good show.
>>
Non Non Biyori
>>
>>79842
Watch K-ON!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.