[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burning music CDs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: vlcsnap-2015-01-26-19h45m00s32.png (877 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-01-26-19h45m00s32.png
877 KB, 1024x576
Hey guys, I've been trying to get a music CD burnt for my car but it doesn't recognize the disc when I put it the stereo. I'm trying to fit as much on as possible so I'm burning it as a data disc instead of audio and we already have a 6-hour mix CD from a friend that works in the car, so it obviously has something to do with how the CD is being created. We'd been using phones with aux cables but we're going on a road trip and so we'd prefer to have a bunch of different CDs to switch through instead of killing our phones.
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to burn a music CD so that my car will read it?

tl;dr - Need help burning music CDs so that my car stereo can read them.
>>
What file format are the audio files? if they're either MP3 or WAV they should work in 90% of cases, though some players still don't accept MP3 with tags and metadata inside the files.

To be safe, I recommend to convert everything to WAV, if you've the original files in FLAC format that should make things much faster, all you need is to decompress (decode) the FLAC audio files (FLAC is simply a compressed WAV file).

Use this to decode them:
http://flacfrontend.sourceforge.net/

If you've MP3 files then you need to transcode/covert them to WAV audio. You need a program like MeGUI for that:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/megui/

Drag and drop the MP3 file over the "Audio Input" box, then in the "Encoder Settings" below that just select FLAC and click "Queue", the file will be converted this way.

If even after converting all to WAV the disc still doesn't work, then it might be a defective disc, or even a defective batch of discs, it can happen, to me happened once back in the 2000s with a 10 Verbatim CD-R pack, I had to trash like 6 of them.
>>
>>79463
Thanks a bunch. They're in MP3 format because half of my music library either comes from friends or from CDs that I ripped years ago.

I'll try converting them and see how we go.
>>
>>79463
So I've just sorted out converting to FLAC and then to WAV and noticed that the file size skyrocketed between MP3 and FLAC and then got even larger when I converted to WAV. Is there anyway to stop it from bloating up so much?

Also, I guess I should add that the previous CD that was burnt by a friend was entirely in MP3 format so if this doesn't end up being a viable option, I'd really like a way to keep them as MP3s.
>>
>>79476
About the WAV size can't do anything, if it's too big then rather than converting to FLAC and WAV, you can try directly from MP3 to WMA using ffmpeg (static):
https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

Extract the archive, then you'll find "ffmpeg.exe" in the "bin" folder. There, create a new txt file and write this into it:

ffmpeg -i %1 -vn -map 0:a -ac 2 -ab 128k -acodec wmav2 -map_metadata -1 output.wma
pause

Save the file and change extension from ".txt" to ".bat" and you can drag and drop any files you want to convert to WMA, over this bat file.

You can choose the audio quality changing "128k" to whatever other bitrate you want, eg. 192k or 256k though higher bitrate means bigger size so keep that in mind.
>>
>>79484

Thanks, I'll give it a shot then. This just seems like a hell of a workaround, considering I have another CD on my desk burnt by someone else with everything in MP3 format. If no one can give me any other advice though I may have to see how this goes.
>>
>>79494
Ffmpeg is an universal converter, I'm not sure why MeGUI doesn't support WMA since it's based on ffmpeg, but this method is actually pretty simple if you think about it, you just need to drag and drop, with your mouse, the music you want to convert to WMA over that bat file, then it takes like 5 seconds to convert.
>>
OP DOWNLOAD THIS

https://kat.cr/dbpoweramp-music-converter-r15-3-reference-win-mac-registered-latest-appzdam-t11320168.html

DONT WORRY THE GUY WHO UPLOADED THE TORRENT HAS LOTS OF REP ITS SAFE

DBPOWERAMP IS SIMPLE AS HELL TO USE, FFMPEG IS TOO DAMN COMPLICATED FOR A SIMPLE MUSIC CONVERSION

IF YOUR MUSIC IS ALREADY IN MP3 OR AAC FORMAT DO NOT CONVERT IT AGAIN IT WILL JUST SOUND WORSE

USE THIS FOR CONVERTING FROM FLAC OR WAV TO MP3
>>
>>79507
he could literally use megui for converting wav and flac to mp3 as he already used it once if you read what he wrote; op's problem is that his already existing mp3 files don't work in his car stereo player, that's why he should try using wma instead of mp3, an acquaintance of mine had the same problem and it turned out thast his player didn't support mp3, only wma.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.