[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help getting my personal info off the net
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1437903232294.jpg (375 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1437903232294.jpg
375 KB, 800x800
Hey /wsr/ if someone has experience registering domains I need your help.

So I set everything up, got myself a website host, but did not buy privacy for my domain. A few days later, I type my name into Google and my full name and contact info comes up. I don't want such a privacy breach, so I buy privacy for my domain with my web host and registrar (ipage).

Now, several days later, all my personal info comes up on Google still, even with privacy enabled on iPage.

The indexing site in question is DomainBigData.com. I asked them to remove my private info but no dice. What do?

Thanks in advance
>>
I might be wrong but since Google already crawled the site and scraped the data it's now in Google's serves and system. They say here https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2744324?hl=en that they usually don't remove stuff like names and telephone numbers. I don't really think your information is any secret but I kind of understand wanting to stay unknown on the internet. You probably want to just delete your current account and start from scratch with a different host or whatever with the privacy issue taken care of to begin with and let this information just become irrelevant and no longer connected with the service you have at the moment.
>>
Thank you, I have considered that possibility, but since I have 3 domains registered it's going to come out expensive in the end... do you know whether all indexing website are required by law to take down my information if I buy privacy protection?
>>
>>76932

I would think they don't. The privacy protectin you're referring too is probably just an innacurate marketing term by the website that really means they will will not reveal your info. If it gets out though it's out and not their problem.
>>
I see... shame, I hope I'm able to remove at least some of it. Anyhow, thanks for the answers, greatly appreciated!
>>
remove all internet profiles. I did.
try contacting your domain registrar for more info or customer support.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.