[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pretty new to anime, only seen a few. This is what I plan to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: -.jpg (151 KB, 1810x732) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
151 KB, 1810x732
Pretty new to anime, only seen a few. This is what I plan to watch next.

What should I remove/add?
>>
>>75507
Well, start by watching those to figure out what you like.

Your selection contains a lot of over-hyped animes that are more popular than they should be due to crowd effect. Try to make your own opinion on them instead of jumping in the bandwagon and your ride will be all the more enjoyable.
>>
File: bucketcut.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
bucketcut.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>75507
Saw the thread on /a/. Welcome.

Remove Berserk. The adaptation is okay, but it doesn't really cover much at all. Just read the manga.

Remove One Punch Man, for now. Half the series is playing off of common anime/manga tropes, which you probably won't understand if you've only really watched the mainstream big three (One Piece, Bleach, Naruto). Watch it in six months (when they announce Season 2, god willing).

Add Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. It's a self-contained 12-episode series which plays with both comedy and drama in a fairly engaging way. You will both love and hate me for recommending it by the time it's done.

Add Code Geass. It's Death Note-style planning with the plan-within-plan-within-plan bullshit taken out and mechs and magic thrown in. It's fairly long (two full seasons), but it's got a pretty damned good conclusion and some fairly unexpected twists and turns throughout. By the time you realize you shouldn't have gotten attached to the cast, you're attached to the cast.

Add Kyoukai no Kanata. It's KyoAni pretty, but with a good ol' fashioned shounen plot about a girl who kills demons with a sword made of her blood. See attached for what I mean by KyoAni pretty.
>>
http://animu-mango.wikia.com/wiki/Anime_Recommendations
>>
Toonami Search Results

Most of these are staples of anime.

Attack on Titan
Bleach
Blue Exorcist
Deadman Wonderland
Dragon Ball Z
Hellsing
Kill la Kill
Outlaw Star
Sword Art Online
S-CRY-ed
>>
File: plot.gif (1 MB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
plot.gif
1 MB, 540x303
>>75518
>Kyoukai no Kanata
I'd suggest Musaigen no Phantom World
>girl who kills demons
here you get 4 of them killing phantoms
>KyoAni
Same studio
>See attached
For pretty plot

Seriously, Anon, of all KyoAni works, don't pick this one. KyoAni made:
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu is a must watch (care to follow airing order, for S1)
Hyouka
K-on!! (if you like Slice of Life /moe)
>>
>>75605
>Most of these are staples of anime.
Most of those are shit and a fair bit are not even noteworthy
Attack on Titan
Overrated as fuck but should be fun if you are new to anime
Bleach
>its fucking bleach
Blue Exorcist
>"fine" middle of the road anime not a must watch by any measure
Deadman Wonderland
Bad show with no ending.Not noteworthy in the least unless you are trying to get a 14 year old edgelord into anime
Dragon Ball Z
Fun if you watched it growing up. slow if you watch it now but it dind influnce thing atleast
Hellsing
>should just watch hellsing ultimate instead or read the manga
Kill la Kill
Fun show not sure if I would recommend it to someone to to anime
Outlaw Star
>didnt see it
Sword Art Online
>Awful show watch log horizon for this idea done well
S-CRY-ed
>never watched it
>>
>>75605
Don't listen to this anon, he has shit taste

Outlaw Star is good, though.
>>
>>75507
Cowboy Bebop should be the first one you should watch out of all of those
>>
File: 1457563751749.jpg (10 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
1457563751749.jpg
10 KB, 223x226
>>75513
>animes
>>
>>75624

I know they're mostly shit. But if you're new to anime, I feel like it wouldn't hurt to experience a wide variety of shit to be able to judge for yourself. Opinions always vary.

That said, I really enjoyed Scryed. It was absolutely worth my time.
>>
You should watch MSG.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.