[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Requesting some recommendations for manga which have an at least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12
File: Manga.jpg (4 MB, 4118x1892) Image search: [Google]
Manga.jpg
4 MB, 4118x1892
Requesting some recommendations for manga which have an at least somewhat unique and good looking art style. Pic related are some of my favorites.
>>
whats 2 and 3 from the top row?

i guess i could rec house of five leaves, the style is minimalistic but it works really well
>>
I haven't read it yet so I'm not sure what it is like, but Uzumaki has a quite unique, spirally art style
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1945x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1945x1400
Marie no Kanaderu Ongaku
>>
>>5792
From those I'd suggest looking at Manhwa instead.
>>
>>5805
Seen the anime for that, was pretty great.
>>5811
I might, problem is horrors don't really "work" on me.
>>5815
Actually bought the two volumes recently. Haven't checked them out yet.
>>5823
Why? From my experience manga coloring usually isn't that great? I like color and I do like reading western comics as well. But I'll take good looking monochrome over bad-looking color.
>>
>>5792
Anything by panpanya.
>>
File: 1450615524010.jpg (2 MB, 1490x5757) Image search: [Google]
1450615524010.jpg
2 MB, 1490x5757
>>5834
Not everything on here's unique, but there's enough that you'll probably find something you like.

>>5823
Got any Manwha recs then?
>>
what's manga #3 in the op?
>>
File: 1450575620840.png (1 MB, 1814x3800) Image search: [Google]
1450575620840.png
1 MB, 1814x3800
>>
>>5854
Shut Hell
>>
>>5805
>>5854
2 and 3 are Ran to Haiiro no Sekai and Shut Hell.
>>
I'm not some authority on manga but if you want detail I'd suggest looking into at e.g. works of these here
Hiroaki Samura, Takehiko Inoue, Daisuke Igarashi, Shinichi Sakamoto, Ryoichi Ikegami
>>5823
lel
>>
>>5856
>>5841
Which of these are more detailed and stylized instead realistic or cartoonish and minimalist?
>>
>>5865
You mean which one is the most busy?

BLAME! is very much like Dorohedero visually.
>>
>>5865
Those terms are kinda vague and contradictory, but I'll try to match stuff listed in the OP.

Imperial Guards is by the same dude who did Shut Hell, so you'll probably like it.

Mahou Tsukai's worth a shot.

Terrarium in a Drawer is really good and if you end up liking it, give Dungeon Meishi a look.

Children of the Sea could have the right blend of stuff for you too.
>>
>>5865
You're asking for a lot man, because I don't remember that many that would really fit to that or I don't really get waht you're going after.
Mostly lots of detail goes hand in hand with realism and conversely stylization with cartoony and/or minimalism.
Freesia maybe? Me and the Devil Blues? Makoto Yukimura strikes a pretty fine balance with the two "extremes" I guess. Kaoru Mori?
Can't really think of much here.
>>
is biomega by the guy who did blame worth it?
>>
File: ran.jpg (210 KB, 1200x857) Image search: [Google]
ran.jpg
210 KB, 1200x857
>>5871
>Children of the Sea
Thanks, I'll definitely check those out.
>>5870
That's why Blame is on there.
>>5874
Well, I think Ran to Haiiro no Sekai, Blame or xxxHolic (especially Yuuko's designs) are good examples of what I mean. They aren't realistic at all but the art isn't minimalistc, it's pretty elaborate and detailed each in their own way.

In terms of anime that have that I'd say stuff like works Redline (Trava even more), Angel's Egg, Ikuhara anime (UTena), Mononoke, Kaguya, Casshern Sins or FLCL all fit to a degree. They are stylized but aren't minimalist and don't come off as cartoonish, like let's say Yuasa anime (which I love, but with comic books I prefer detailed art).
>>
>>5879
Yes
>>
>>5792
By the way does anybody remember this manga where there was a romance between a mouse who had lost his wife and one that had lizard arms?
>>
File: tumblr_nvwm6tqZMJ1s2fyjko1_500.png (94 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvwm6tqZMJ1s2fyjko1_500.png
94 KB, 500x625
>>5792
seing dorohedoro up there makes my soul feel so good, have you tried Biomega its from nihei also.

also Lychee light club its ok
>>
File: Best Girl.png (178 KB, 940x1368) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl.png
178 KB, 940x1368
>>8104
Biomega I have read. And yeah, Dorohedoro is my favorite and Nikaido is my [spoiler]ex-[/spoiler]waifu.
>>
>>5792
Tsugumomo
Devilman
Getter Robo (the original two series are the same style as devilman, but Getter Robo Go and onward have a really unique style)
Orochuban Ebichu
FLCL (looks nothing like the anime, it's the same artist as the Monogatari EDs if you've seen those)
>>
Both versions of Meme Punch Man, actually
>>
>>8366
Read it, but I don't see how it would fit.
>>
>>8733
They're both really unique, and the original looks pretty good too if you don't look too close at the art itself. One clearly knows what he's doing when it comes to fights and things like that.
>>
I really like Tokyo Ghoul's art style.
>>
>>8781
>>8366
The designs in both of those are rather generic. They're just well polished, but they don't really stand out from the cround. On the contrary, they fit with it perfectly for the most part.

Besides One's One Punch Man, but that's another story.
>>
File: punpun.jpg (77 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
punpun.jpg
77 KB, 600x300
Check out Oyasumi Punpun. Really interesting coming of age story, but instead of your typical happy go lucky bullshit it's a boy from an incredibly dysfunctional family and you should prepare yourself because it gets pretty fucking dark. The art is very unique and quite amazing.
>>
>>10155
Oyasumi Punpun in the OP picture.
>>
>>10203
where? i sure as hell can't see it
>>
>>10222
Far right.
>>
File: 1450856385714.jpg (1 MB, 2004x1661) Image search: [Google]
1450856385714.jpg
1 MB, 2004x1661
Heard this chart has a pure manga version. Anyone got that one?
>>
File: 2720262-27.jpg (51 KB, 407x640) Image search: [Google]
2720262-27.jpg
51 KB, 407x640
>>5792
Absolutely the Baki series.
>>
>>11420
>>8359
Thanks a lot for those. It's crazy how different the flcl manga looks like.
>>
>>5555
>>
>>11412
I don't know if there exists a pure manga version, but this is the full pic to those charts .
>http :// i imgur com / 7rjlf3G jpg
>>
>>12039
Oh, of course I know that chart. But as you can realize the bottom-left is dedicated specifically to works categorized by art-style with manga and anime being mixed. I know someone made a chart just like those and split the manga and anime parts.
>>
SOIL
Adekan
Shigurui
Innocent
Ping Pong
Helter Skelter
Me & The Devil Blues
Coponicus no Kokyuu
Ristorante Paradiso/Gente
Kono Sekai no Owari e no Tabi
Record of Lodoss: The Lady of Pharis

The only manhwa worth reading is Annarasumanara
>>
>>5792
http://www.webtoons.com/en/drama/kids-are-all-right/list?title_no=283
short but gold
>>
>>12403
Did you purposefully list these by the length of their names?
>>
>>12403
>The only manhwa worth reading is Annarasumanara
What about Sun-Ken Rock?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.