[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend me your favorite anime, anons, and tell me why you like it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 18
File: 1395592043122.png (5 MB, 2480x3507) Image search: [Google]
1395592043122.png
5 MB, 2480x3507
Recommend me your favorite anime, anons, and tell me why you like it.
>>
Mouryou no hako, it's slow, boring for a majority of the series, it's basically 99% talking, it has an awful first episode, unless you find 30 year old men sitting around a table talking about myths entertaining nothing entertaining happens till the second to last episode and generally it's edge the series.

My second favorite is Kino no tabi, which is easier to get people to check out because it's easier to digest, has a cute girl, and has much stronger consistency you should probably check that out instead.
>>
This is becoming a meme, but unironically Non Non Biyori.
It's just the comfiest I have seen so far. I used to live in the country when I was a child so I'm a bit biased, also a moefag
>>
File: 1444246713245.jpg (252 KB, 785x497) Image search: [Google]
1444246713245.jpg
252 KB, 785x497
Welcome to the NHK
The MC and i have a lot in common, so it's close to me. This anime motivated me to do some shit, even though i'm still a NEET faggot, things are slightly better. Also great soundtrack and really good early 2000s feel.
>>
Ping Pong the animation

It's really good.
>>
>>56857
I'm a sucker for old ass anime

I like iria zeiram, as it resonates a lot with how i enjoy science fiction. Its futuristic, but grounded, and the focus on a singular experience goes a long way for me.

Space Pirate Captain Harlock is old as balls too, and its not even that great story structure wise, but it has a certain feel to it that really only other Reiji matsumoto anime contain, and its my favorite by him.

Finally gunbuster. I dont know if its my all time favorite, but its in the running. Short, amazing, animation is where i like it, characters are pretty neat, but not extremely deep, and it has some turns that other anime dont. Made me feel at the end.
>>
>>56857
>paranoia agent
the plot twists are fucking amazing and are able to keep the viewer interested in the show

>serial experiments lain
very depressing and gloomy atmosphere until the end

>mononoke (2007)
very nice visual/art. The stories are also somewhat sp00ky
>>
>>57107
Why do you like depressing and gloomy atmospheres?
>>
File: 1445894910568.png (430 KB, 1492x2816) Image search: [Google]
1445894910568.png
430 KB, 1492x2816
Toradora, greatest love story ever told
>>
File: 1449856835924.jpg (35 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
1449856835924.jpg
35 KB, 704x396
>>56857
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei for more Shafty goodness.
>>
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

>qt ghost waifu
>shota MC
>tomboy MC
>hand holding
>ecchi
>top teir visuals and sound
>excellent English dub that's more enjoyable than the original
>mystery
>tears
>sorrow

>Sixty years ago, a young woman was left to die in the abandoned school building behind the exclusive Seikyou Academy. No one knows why. No one knows how. But the horrifying tale and the legends of the ghostly haunting that followed live on to this day. Perhaps it's not so surprising then, that among Seikyou's many school clubs is one for students interested in "paranormal investigations." What might raise more than a few hairs, however, is that the founder of the club is the ghost herself. Unable to remember how she died and trapped in the grey land between life and death, Yuuko latches onto Teiichi Niiya, a freshman who can inexplicably see her, and together they and the other unsuspecting members of the club begin to unravel the many dark mysteries that surround Seikyou. Will unlocking the secret of Yuuko's gruesome death finally free her? Or will her sudden close association with a mortal have even stranger repercussions on both of their existences?
>>
Ergo Proxy. It has a truly dark & despairing atmosphere, which is rare in Anime.
>>
File: 2.gif (2 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
2 MB, 500x280
Death Parade, the opening is really nice and it takes a rather unique approach in how it unfolds the story and morality lessons within. It combines the best aspects of episodic, arc-based, and linear storytelling all into one, which sounds weird on paper, but works to great effect onscreen.
>>
File: 7323_flcl.jpg (447 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
7323_flcl.jpg
447 KB, 1600x1200
FLCL

It's visually and musically stimulating. It successfully transports you into the world it portrays. It is beautifully "shot" something many anime miss out on. It seems almost entirely created to make an emotional impact on the viewer, rather than to tell its story. The intricacy of the characters and the fast pace of the story make it infinitely rewatchable. It speaks to the modern apathy of a suburban coming of age better than any film ever has. The depth of this work is truly a proof of what anime can accomplish artistically. While something so ambitious and dense would normally be off-putting for a medium like anime, the writers deliver it alongside with, or even hidden under, an action-packed comedy. Like Shakespeare, the writers pushed the envelope of their genre by offering something worthwhile as both a comedy and a drama, and changed the medium forever.

All this in 6 episodes.
>>
File: gits3.webm (3 MB, 720x389) Image search: [Google]
gits3.webm
3 MB, 720x389
Ghost in the shell

great direction
great animation
great characters
>>
File: Io Otonashi.jpg (694 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
Io Otonashi.jpg
694 KB, 1200x960
>Error: Maxium allowed video duration is 120 seconds.
For what fuck niggering purpose?

Mushishi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZkYfPmIMAU

Acchi Kocchi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sApuQAcKYI

Every moment in Acchi Kocchi is as cute as the moment in the link I linked. Mushishi has moments of action and such though is generally as cool and comfy as the other link I linked.
>>
File: Tga0JRy.jpg (158 KB, 960x618) Image search: [Google]
Tga0JRy.jpg
158 KB, 960x618
>Baccano

Sweet 1920's atmosphere, loads of interesting characters, good music, and one of the few shows where the dub is better than the sub.

>Psycho Pass

Cool cyber punk-ish setting, lots of philosphical questions that get put out throughout the series. Just a solid time in general.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>56867
YOYOYOYOYOYO WATCH THIS SHIT! ++++1
Warning it's extremely sad.
>>
File: eminem.jpg (35 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
eminem.jpg
35 KB, 650x430
>>56857
Samurai Champloo

its like the perfect anime: its got pretty badass action scenes as well as a "meaningful theme" ( whatever the fuck that means) that quiets my inner pretentious douchenugget english major
>>
>>56859
>>56867
>>57441
>>57452
>>57461
>>57646
upvoted
>>
File: 14e.jpg (55 KB, 680x756) Image search: [Google]
14e.jpg
55 KB, 680x756
Himato umaru or somthing like that

I like it because its fun to watch and mc is a nerdy girl
>>
>>56857

Here are my "must watch" in order

>Neon Genesis Evangelion

A meme anime, but it really IS deep in a good way and touches upon aspects of humanity that are very commonplace but rarely discussed anywhere, it is visually beautiful (especially End of Evangelion), it's plot developments are surprising and interesting, and it's science fiction world and lore is amongst the very best ever created.

>Hunter x Hunter (2011)

The best slow-burn pacing ever. I wanted to watch every episode as quickly as I could get to it. Successful deconstruction of shonen elements. No filler and only two recap episodes. Successfully engages the genres of "hunger games", tournament, thriller/mystery, virtual, sports, and war epic and is amongst the top in thriller and war epic. 148 consecutive high-production value episodes with even higher production values at the end of the series.

>Cowboy Bebop

Has the most well fleshed out characters of any anime. Has one of the top soundtracks in any media period. Manages to be addicting despite being mostly episodic.

>FLCL

see >>57452 , since I couldn't have described it better

>Legend of the Galactic Heroes

The most detailed and expansive anime ever produced plotwise. It is a fair warning to say that this one is an undertaking.
>>
File: Now_and_Then_Here_and_There.png (206 KB, 300x436) Image search: [Google]
Now_and_Then_Here_and_There.png
206 KB, 300x436
>Now and Then Here and There

A nice little story set in a dystopian future ruled by a incompetent mad man and his floating fortress of hell. It's quite brutal, with the MC enduring beatings, starvation, gunshot wounds and more, all while trying to save a mysterious girl who may be the only hope this future has.

Great soundtrack with a nice 90's anime feel, and it's only 13 or so episodes so you can marathon through it in a day.
>>
K-On! has a fantastic cast of characters and explores its themes in a way that legitimately involves the viewer. Among the best produced TV series of all time. Funny as hell and emotionally resonant. Excellent music. It's one of those shows that exudes the love its creators put into it.
>>
>>58074
>It's quite brutal, with the MC enduring beatings, starvation, gunshot wounds...
But it's all good, because he just tries harder that makes everything better.

If only he'd been there in Maus: he'd have sorted that whole concentration camp thing right out.

Nobody should watch this anime. It treats its viewer as if he's an imbecile, and depicts deep problems with human nature as having straightforward, facile solutions.
>>
File: 1451747578870.jpg (606 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451747578870.jpg
606 KB, 1920x1080
Sora no Woto. It has everything I love most about anime. Fantastic atmosphere, cute girls being cute, a unique and interesting world, gorgeous scenery, story arcs with real emotion to them, and a great balance of cute, funny, serene, sad, touching, and dramatic moments. Haibane Renmei is a close second for almost identical reasons.
>>
File: 1443933115502.jpg (207 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1443933115502.jpg
207 KB, 1600x1200
here OP my top list of cool fuging anime
>FLCL
read the thread, but this 6 Episode OVA is short, it's loud, and it's the best damn thing to ever be animated. why? its a heavily metaphorical story that asks the viewer to take everything you see on the screen at face value. which then becomes a crazy ride full of guitars, giant robots, monolouges, and kickass music. as animation it's a damn masterpiece, every animation style you can think of and more. truly this is the epitome of what japanese animation can offer
>The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
I've actually heard that a lot of the enjoyablility comes from it being a subtle parody of supernatural or otherwise school adventure type anime. but I enjoy this more for the execution of the plot rather than the plot itself, however I feel like the plot is a damn interesting story regardless of knowledge of prior anime. Done by Studio Kyoto Animation. This series is probably the most "well animated" on the list, in terms of consistent animation. very rarely will you see this show change animation styles, making it feel almost like the characters could exist in real life, which gives the premise all the more weight and immersion. which is important because this is an anime about some very wonderful characters, and something that rarely happens which is a likeable non idiotic MC, in fact I would say that 60% of this anime's enjoyablilty comes from Kyon's monologues and his close first person perspective, and Sugita's damn good voice acting.
>Bakemonogatari
this is another great series that is more for the execution of the entire premise, rather than the actual plot itself. which is done exceptionally well I think. The premise of this anime done in any other studio's hands would be a generic ecchi harem, with a supernatural problem solving theme to it. but studio SHAFT manages to avert many of the shortcomings of such a premise by offering stunning visuals, great voice acting by kamiya. and some wonderful characters.
1/?
>>
>>58230
2/?
>The Tatami Galaxy
This is definitely more for the plot and characters. although you come for the minimalist visuals, you stay for the main character and his internal struggle for a rose colored campus life. this is another monologue heavy show, it's heavier than the last two, some jokes may even go over the viewers head because they happen to speak at a fast pace just to get through alot of monologue. it's only 11 episodes though, so the story wraps up nicely. done by studio madhouse.

>Welcome to the NHK
read the thread it's been talked about. This is another inteneral struggle story about a hikikomori and his longing to not be a NEET anymore. this is probably the only series to make me cry on a purely emotional level. if you're not like the main character, maybe you wont feel the same about things that it's meant to portray but I think it's a nice story regardless. Animation is done by gonzo, it's not anything to highly praise. but it gets the job done.
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
read the thread. be sure to watch end of evangelion as well. if by the end you aren't at least amused, there is something wrong with you.
>Cowboy Bebop
I used to think this was a meme, until I actually watched the series. It's a well done mixture of animation along with nice neo-noir and western influences. though some of it may leave you craving for more, watch Samurai champloo when this happens
>Gunbuster
retro 80's mecha anime. shit is cray. its also wonderfully animated. and some nice fanservice courtesy of Gainax
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 498x661) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 498x661
>>58230
>a likeable non idiotic MC
>likeable
Apart from how the entire rest of the cast are tormented for his enjoyment, and he's given the opportunity to free them and he chooses not to, you mean?
>>
Akikan, it is ecchi :V)))))=))I
>>
>>58431
Is it good though? I like the premise, basically something I always wanted to happen to me.
>>
>>57435
sounds like something an edgy kid would say
>>
>>57245
can you post a photo with a real resolution
>>
File: ssy.jpg (111 KB, 1198x782) Image search: [Google]
ssy.jpg
111 KB, 1198x782
Shinsekai yori.

Based on a proper 1000-page novel that could very well serve as mandatory reading in highschool literature class, if only fantasy was more popular there.

It tells a story of a post-apocalyptic rural society where the apocalypse was the outburst of godlike psychic powers in humans (some emo teens started slaughtering people en masse without any resistance). A thousand years later, humanity has learned how to function - but you're yet to learn how exactly it works.

The main cast gets through two major timeskips, so you follow them as the kids, teens, and finally adults. And the "adult" phase is where shit hits the fan.

It's hard to classify it, but technically it's a sci-fi mystery drama/horror.
>>
>>57194
>he fell for the meme
Golden time COULD have been the greatest love story ever told, if it weren't for that stupid fuckin' amnesia ghost.
>>
>>58525
Besides, Hunter x Hunter does it better.
>>
My top three in no particular order:

Nichijou: I hate the buzz-word "comfy", but I feel like it's a good description for Nichijou. The humor can range from "laugh out loud at every" rewatch to "silly enough for a chuckle at first", but no matter what, this show just warms my heart. The artstyle, the music, the animation, it's all just so soothing and cheerful. Even if you don't laugh, you will still have a smile on your face. Also, while a certain shitposter on /a/ like to complain about >forced animation, KyoAni's managed to make an already incredible manga into something truly special with their animation.

Card Captor Sakura: I'm not really a huge mahou shoujo fan, or much of a shoujo fan in general, but CCS is probably one of the (if not THE) greatest anime ever made. A simple but deep story, characters that develop as the show goes along, and perhaps the greatest love story in any anime, those are all the obvious stuff, but I love the visuals. Despite being a fairly formulaic show, it manages to never visually bore you, even when the same animation is reused every episode, by having characters actually wear different outfits in every episode. This sounds like a dumb minor detail, but once you actually watch it, you realize how it gives a unique touch to an already great show. Also, fuck /a/, CATCH YOU CATCH ME is best OP, both of CSS and of all time.

Osomatsu-san: I can go into minute details like I did with the previous two, but honestly I can sum it up in one word: Funny. This show is fucking hilarious.I bet Akatsuka-Sensei would be happy with it.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.