[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i guess this is the right board to go to uh basically a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_393.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_393.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
so i guess this is the right board to go to uh basically a few weeks ago my monitor started sort of blacking out, and going into sleep mode and not waking up randomly or seemingly randomly it would happen and not work for anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours or so even if i rebooted my PC

this eventually has seemed to stop after i've ceased leaving my PC on during the night which weirdly had an effect and me and a few friends have deemed that it's probably a power supply issue, however recently a few games seem to be getting graphical errors which could point to a GPU problem

basically flickering textures in dead island, weird shadow tearing in GTA IV and most hilariously Lee's head turning over into his own torso in the walking dead season 1, also THUG 2 on PCSX2 started having slowdown it never got before after the blackout issue got sorted.

I seem to of ruled out it being application specific problems seeing as i've replaced my drivers, and uninstalled and reinstalled dead island atleast twice now and the problem there persisted, the other two could just be coincidence though i did get a weird highway losing it's textures and reverting into gray featureless distant textures in gta IV which i never got before but that lasted about a second before going back to normal,

I'll post specs below in case that may help but if anyone could suggest something that'd be great, i've basically decided on replacing both GPU and Power supply already (also it could of been the motherboard apparently but a friend of mine had a look at it and said it looked fine so make of that what you will)

Specs below;
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
16GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 with 4Gb memory
A 460w Power Supply
my system model is a Dell XPS 8700 (i'm aware, pre-built scum, wasn't confident enough at the time.)

pic related example of dead island flicker
>>
>>55491
Op here ran out of space to include that the PC itself is pretty good and worked fine until now, except the blacking out also happened before, a few months ago about in november but it only did it like three times and didn't bother me again until january
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.