[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
looking for manga recs for someone who loved berserk, dorohedoro,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: dorohedoro.jpg (131 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
dorohedoro.jpg
131 KB, 500x343
looking for manga recs for someone who loved berserk, dorohedoro, nichijou and house of five leaves

i know those are from diverse genres, but what they share is that they are all head and shoulders above most generic manga
>>
Yotsuba if you haven't read it for some reason
>>
Homunculus.
>>
>>5528
i have and loved it

is it ever going to an official english release?
>>5529
will check this
>>
>>5534
It's already been partially released anon. The first 11~ volumes by Yen Press. I'm not sure if they'll do more because the last update was 2013
>>
Spirit Circle.
>>
>>5596
holy shit

for some reason i remember finding only japanese versions on amazon
>>
Gantz. Also I seem to really want to tell you to fuck off, sorry old habits.
>>
>>5629
i honestly dont think /a/ would be much worse with rec threads

or that it could get worse for that matter
>>
>>5633
I think the influx of newfags wanting recs would have made /a/ far more bitter
>>
Maken X - the same author as Dorohedoro.
>>
thanks for the recs so far

ive also been looking at biomega, since q hayashida used to be the assistant of the guy who wrote that

is it any good?
>>
>>5672
Start with Blame by that guy.
Also, check out Eden: it's an Endless World.

If you want something along the lines of Dorohedoro but without the gruesomness and a bit more shoujo/josei art style (though still seinen). Check out Ran to Haiiro no Sekai.
>>
Terra Formars
>>
File: Akumetsu v01c01 - 028-029.png (367 KB, 1412x1100) Image search: [Google]
Akumetsu v01c01 - 028-029.png
367 KB, 1412x1100
Akumetsu
>>
>>7444
This is top tier. I feel like re reading it now it's been so long.
>>
>>5526
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I've been absolutely hooked since October
>>
>>5633
You can have and always could have recommendation threads on /a/. You just needed to hide the recommendation within a general topic, which required you to become familiar with the board, i.e. lurk the fuck more, as it should be.

I don't think anime/manga recommendations have a place on a board other than /a/; however, people shouldn't be retards and ask stupid questions like "hay guise, recommend me animu plox, kk".
>>
File: VIND.jpg (4 MB, 1968x1400) Image search: [Google]
VIND.jpg
4 MB, 1968x1400
>>5526
Have you tried vinland saga?
>>
>>5526
OPM.
>>
File: Biomega-Bear.jpg (328 KB, 718x514) Image search: [Google]
Biomega-Bear.jpg
328 KB, 718x514
>>5526
Biomega, Q used to be Nihei's assistant
>>
>>7536
>Asking a question normally is bad.
>>
>>8796
Plus /a/ goes full retard if they even SENSE that you're asking a question, regardless of how valid it is. It's an awful board.
>>
>>5526
shigurui
>>
You might like Ajin or Parasyte.
>>
>>8796
>Asking for what is right in front of you the whole time
>>
>>5629
>>5633
>>5636
There used to be recommendation threads disguised as "General Manga Thread". Not that it was bad though. There was plenty of great discussion over series going on. If anything it was the shitposters on /a/ asking it to be taken down while spamming absolutely nothing of value.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.